Have you signed up for the Wise Traditions Conference yet? I hope you’ll go, it will be a great chance to get away, hang out with other Real Foodies, hear amazing speakers and learn a ton, eat food that tastes heavenly, and you don’t have to worry about it making you sick because it’s all REAL food. Besides, I’d love to meet you. The conference is less than a month away and time is getting tight, so go sign up!
- If you like Christian music at all, then you know who Matthew West is (I LOVE his stuff… “I’m a brand new man…” – that song makes me want to dance) – on my other blog I’ve just put up a sweet giveaway for all 4 of his albums, including a SIGNED copy of his newest one, Story of Your Life, along with an exclusive book highlighting the making of the album, featuring the stories, pictures, lyrics, etc. My other blog doesn’t have many readers yet (I only update there weekly or so), so if you go enter at Christianity101blog.com, you’ll have a very good chance to win!
- Sign up so you don’t miss BIG stuff coming soon here on the blog about school lunches, a topic that gets me riled up for sure. “Mrs. Q” retweeted something I wrote last week, so I found her blog where she writes about eating school lunches every day throughout 2010, “Just like the kids”: “Fed Up With Lunch: The School Lunch Project”. Talk about bravery.
- If you haven’t yet seen last week’s post, “Politically incorrect thoughts on breast cancer”, you’ll want to see what got the comment section buzzing like crazy over there.
- Recently TWO people I love have been diagnosed with autoimmune diseases and I’m convinced they could be healed with the GAPS Diet, but I’m not sure if they’ll go for it. Here’s an interesting article on this topic in the Huffington Post. I’d love to hear what any of you might know about this.
- You’ve got to read this one from Kristen about why the Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund ROCKS.
- Jon & Cathy’s show this week included an interview with 6th grader Birke Baehr. I enjoyed this interview much more than the YouTube video that has been going around like wild fire because this was just off the cuff and more real. The interview with Birke starts 13 minutes into the show. (Here’s another interview between Jon & Cathy and my friend, Kimberly Hartke, that I’ve had in my inbox for a while now so I don’t forget to listen.)
- Hey, did you guys notice my new archive page? I’m working on de-cluttering my home page and making the site easier to navigate. I have a lot to do yet, but for now I’ve shortened my orange nav bar up above and added the archive page, which also still needs work. Hang with me!