Good morning readers. We took the kids to Art Prize one last time Friday, but I won't talk about that today because I'm not quite sure how to gauge your interest. Maybe since it's a local thing it might not grab you…? SO, if you want to see more, go to my Flickr page. The only thing I will share here is the WINNER. It was the one I hoped would win, called “Crucifixion“. We took the kids there for a fun family thing to do, after a week of what seemed like constant yelling at them. I posted about it on Facebook and got a whole slew of comments about everything from homeschooling to unschooling, to dealing with homework from school. Read the Facebook comments, including the solutions we're trying in an attempt to fix our frazzled lives around here, and be sure to add your comments, too. I keep checking and reading them all. One thing I did was order a book someone suggested, Have a New Kid by Friday: How to Change Your Child's Attitude, Behavior & Character in 5 Days By Dr. Kevin Leman. If you've already read it, let us know what you think?
- I got a really fun comment the other day that I wanted to share. Christine commented at my homemade ice cream post:
“I realize it’s been a while since this was posted, but I had to put in my two cents about these recipes. I’ve been trying to perfect my homemade ice cream for a few years now, mostly with high-maintenance custard recipes that tasted ridiculously eggy or froze too hard. I am never going back! I tried the vanilla just last night (doubling everything except the maple and vanilla, using store-bought cream), and hubby and I both agree it is, hands down, the best recipe we’ve tested yet! And it comes together so fast! Even straight out of the freezer today, I was able to scoop some out with a spoon, which means it’s not going to take forever to soften for dessert tonight. I can’t wait to play with the flavors. Methinks my ice cream maker won’t be going back into winter storage this year after all.”
“Well aren’t you a big sweetie for sharing this fun feedback?! We’re making the vanilla again soon to use in root beer floats – I found some Blue Sky root beer with only 4 ingredients! Thanks Christine. :)”
(Root beer floats are actually an incentive we're using as one of the solutions I mentioned above. If they go two days without Kent & I having to repeat ourselves on anything, I'll make root beer floats.)
- Here's an email from a reader friend, Deb, the other day: “Oh. My. Gosh. You won't believe what Big Phfood is touting as healthy. Take a look at this!” Health Magazine's Food Awards. I told her that I couldn't even finish looking at the list I got so upset. So if you had to choose, and I know it wouldn't be easy, which one gets you the most perturbed and why?
- Every once in a while, someone will ask me again if the fermented cod liver oil really is safe to take. They've heard that the vitamin A levels can be toxic, etc. etc. Here's my post on that: Cod liver oil and questions about toxicity. Also, you could read more about FCLO including other safety issues.
- Well, my post on grains last week got you all as riled up about it as I've been, as we try to figure all this out.
- Have you seen Dr. Kaayla Daniel's latest blog post, Lose your veganity? “Veganisms had major play in the media this year, and many of us have faced pesky questions from friends, family and acquaintances about the vegan propaganda movie, Forks Over Knives, starring T. Colin Campbell and Caldwell Esselstyn. This blog is for WAPF members who have asked us for comebacks and replies.”