Good morning! Before I share what I've found for you this week I have a question…
Do any of you have neat ideas for what you've done with your loved one's clothes after they passed? Yesterday we did more sorting at Mom's and we may have pillows made from certain tops she wore a lot. I even thought of having a baby blanket made out of her cozy robe that she wore in this shot for her future great grand babies, but do you have any other suggestions? I asked on Facebook, too, so click here if you want to see what ideas came up there. On Saturday she would've been 80 years old. 🙁 I was telling a friend today that you think if your parents make it to 80 that's pretty good, and of course you know it'll be sad when they pass, but not really hard… WRONG. It's still a humungous gaping hole in your life.
Okay, onto happier stuff, especially since you're all probably just a wee bit sick of this topic around here, eh?! There are some fun links and specials I want to tell you about this week…
- Who is going to this year's Wise Traditions conference in Indianapolis? I'm not planning to go (unless I change my mind…?) because it's really hard to get away now that we're homeschooling. It'll be my second year to miss after years of attending. 🙁
- Have you seen this book, Extra Virginity: The Sublime and Scandalous World of Olive Oil? If you think all olive oil is the same, you've GOT to read this. Get real olive oil here.
- I need to apologize for not telling you about this one sooner… Another big sale of 2014 begins very soon (where you get over 80 e-books, plus e-classes and bonus goodies like herbal remedies, meal planning services, fitness instruction, bath and body products, etc. worth over $1000, and it'll cost less than $30!), and if you tell your friends on email or Facebook and they buy it through your link, you'll get affiliate rewards and could get the whole shebang for FREE. BUT you have to tell them about it before Wednesday. What a great way to get friends and family on board with reclaiming their health, because everyone loves a great deal! CLICK HERE to find out how. (You just give your email and they'll send you the code for you to use.)
- The 50 States of Superfoods. I thought this was an interesting article, but too bad they failed to mention that many of these are so highly sprayed that they should only be eaten organic. Click here for the list of the most and least sprayed crops.
- Anyone thinking of going GRAIN-FREE to restore your health? (Eating grain free, even if only for a time, has helped many people do just that!) Jill is a blogging friend and her bundle is on sale now for 68% off her online class and 2 e-books. Click here to learn more and for help with a grain-free jump-start.
- GET THIS: there's a new children's book coming out by my friend, Sandrine, called, “The Adventures of Andrew Price” that will help us teach our kids the truth about food! First they're offering pre-sales in order to help raise funds to finish the project AND to make it into a short film eventually, so I just donated and hope you will, too! Click here to read more and make a donation of any amount.
- This was hot on FB last week – be sure to check out the comments where I make a frightening admission… I hate to break it to you, but even organic, whole-grain, low-sugar, artificial flavor, color, and preservative-free breakfast cereals are junk food. Here's why from the WAPF. Here are 10 better breakfast ideas (well, it's actually more than 10…)
- If you comment here on today's post and it doesn't show up, it'll be back, I'm working on a dumb glitch on my site. Grrrrrr…
- Do you love a little well-timed sarcasm now and then, too? Kent is the funniest guy I know and can totally pull that off, so this picture cracked me up. 🙂
Have a great week!
Rebecca Campbell says
You can make granola or muesli if someone is really missing cereal. My husband wants cereal but I don’t buy it because of the cost value and the unhealthy processing.
Checkout Project Repat for transforming clothing into a keepsake! We have purchased two blankets so far. You can use all sorts of clothing, I have also used pieces of swim towels the kids had when they were young, and we always include something of mom and dad’s and the grandparents. They are fantastic mementos, and you support a wonderful cause.
https://go.referralcandy.com/share/6VJLVTL (this will get you 10% off)