Today I'm going to bring you up to date with a Will Homeopathy Become Illegal part 2 post (here's part 1), and then I'll share some Homeopathy Success Stories!
First I shared a video interview with a Boiron representative who explained what's going on with the FDA and homeopathy, and she basically reassured me that there wasn't anything to worry about. Later I found out that there was more to the story, so I wrote a post about it where Paola Brown of HomeopathyChoice.org clarified that the FDA is technically not taking homeopathic remedies from us, but they are…
“…Trying to position themselves in a way that could most definitely have repercussions on our freedom to use homeopathy in the future.”
Just as I finally start to “get it” now I'm freaking out that our access to homeopathics may be threatened!
(Read my most recent post about my awakening to homeopathy: My World is ROCKED — Plus How to Stop Migraines, Q&A, a Menopause Update, & More)
So I wanted to learn more from Paola since the MAY 21st deadline is quickly approaching to tell the FDA and our politicians what we think.…
You can watch our video interview here: (Or scroll way down for the transcript if you'd rather.)
What to do: Moms we need to RISE up to maintain our homeopathy rights!
–> Keep up to date on their Facebook page here.
–> And please subscribe to my Youtube channel and when you're there, would you click on this video and give it a thumbs up? That helps more people see it!
Also Joette Calabrese says:
So this begs the question “Should I stock up?” A resounding YES!!
You should always stock up. And purchase combination remedies from our American companies as quickly and fully as you can afford. Buy for the future, for your in-laws, your neighbors, and pets, but buy American. Now, more than ever our American pharmacies need our support, both financial and otherwise. Please don’t buy from Indian or other pharmacies to save a buck. Not only are you not assured of the quality that foreign companies provide, but you may find you’ll not have any American homeopathic pharmacies left in the future if they get hit from all sides…the FDA and foreign competition. The future of our families and our country is what this is all about.
This is Kelly again with a note about stocking up:
Remember that homeopathic remedies don't expire! I suggest starting with homeopathy kits so you have a variety of different remedies on hand when you need them. Here's one from Hylands and one from Boiron. Or here's a travel kit for your car. My friend with young kids loves this homeopathy kids' kit:
Homeopathy Success Stories!
Next my friend, Sally Oh, and I chat all about our homeopathy success stories and how we love using homeopathy in our own families. I also tell about when homeopathy doesn't work.
Watch our video interview here: (Or scroll down for the transcript if you'd rather.)
Again, please subscribe to my Youtube channel and when you're there, would you click on this video and give it a thumbs up? That helps more people see it!
More homeopathy success stories:
~Laura from the comments at this post shared… “I found Joette a little over a year ago. We’ve solved a lot of acute things, such as a dislocated shoulder (fixed in 10 min and no ER visit!), and the biggest chronic thing so far is that after we all took this remedy every other day for about a year, our hay fever is down to almost nothing! Our family has had some of the worst hay fever imaginable and we basically stopped functioning for a couple months each year. Now it’s really mild, and I hope by next spring it will be gone completely!
For anyone who, like us, did the GAPS diet pretty much forever without getting rid of the food allergies, I recommend you take Joette’s Allergies course. We are still working on the food allergies, but we’re starting to see some changes already.
Share your own homeopathy success stories in the comments!
Want to take Joette's Gateway to Homeopathy study course with me?
Paola and I are kicking around the idea of doing one together — I don't know enough to do one on my own yet, but have a LOT of friends and reader friends who seem interested. If you want to get on a list in case we do this, email me with “STUDY COURSE” in the subject line and I'll add you in the order of when I received your email in case we fill up: Kelly@KellytheKitchenKop.com.
More you might like:
- More on the basics from Joanie: Homeopathy Medicine Online Guide (Effective Must-Haves for Your Glove Box and First Aid Kit)
- Joette weighs in: Are bioidentical hormones safe or natural?
- Another from Joette on integrating essential oils WITH homeopathy and also help with natural earache remedies.
Sally & Kelly video transcript:
– Okay I'm with my friend Sally Oh and let's start off, we're gonna talk about homeopathy today, but let's start with you sharing a little bit about your background and how did you get into real food or I know you're a Functional Medicine practitioner, I want to hear about that and then I want to hear about how homeopathy is changing some of that for you. So tell us a little about yourself.
– Well, I'm native Kentuckian. I'm married to my husband. I say he's from tax-achoo-sits and we've been married for like 27 years. We have two grown sons. So we met in Key West Florida, which is where I lived for about 25 years and when I was there I had a fitness business. I taught aerobics and body sculpting and step aerobics and I took people to the gym and taught them how to use the machines. And you know, yoga, I did everything and I was very into it. And I owned that for about 17 years and then we had kids and I stopped exercising totally and gained a little bit of weight.
– Well, kids are busy.
– Yes, they're so busy. They demand so much of your time. And so I became a real estate broker to actually earn some money to support ourselves and my husband did the homeschooling and I brought in the bacon during those years. So then we moved to Costa Rica for five years just on a whim and when I was at the end of our stay in Costa Rica I got bacterial pneumonia. And in a third-world country there are a lot of different bacteria that of course we're not used to. And I was on my deathbed and it turned out I was on my deathbed, they said if I didn't know the hospital the day I went I would not be here today. But what really pushed me over the edge was that for the whole week that I laid in bed thinking I had dengue, which is a like malaria, it's a mosquito-borne disease. Everybody said just take a lot of Tylenol to keep the fever down and keep the, it's it called the bone break because you feel like all your bones are broken. It's so painful. My liver was almost completely dead by the time I got to the hospital.
– How old were you when this happened?
– I was 50. I was 55, sorry. 55. And I was in the hospital for three weeks. They put me in a coma for four days. When they put you in a coma to save your life that's pretty sick. Sorry?
– That's bad. That's bad. So when I got out the hospital, I spent a lot of time, I had to recover from the hospital stay. They sent me home in a wheelchair with an oxygen tank. I had a respirator for ten days and it was just a mess. So that's when I discovered Weston A. Price. Actually just before the hospital, we were at a Gringo ice cream store. And there was a brochure that said, “butter is a super food.” And my husband are like what?! Of course we haven't heard that in years and we immediately started eating butter. I started researching then I got sick. And then we came back to the States and so I spent the last few years recovering my health from the hospital stay. And so that let has led me down so many paths and I became a Functional Health practitioner, which you know health and fitness has always been my true love and where am I where my passion is. I could read about it all day long. That's all I want to do and talk about.
– Yeah, it goes together.
– Yes, it goes together. So I became a Functional Health practitioner and then when we moved out here to the boonies in Kentucky, I met a woman who homeschools Christians, pregnant with her eighth child now and she really introduced me to essential oils. She introduced me to homeopathy and I was like those little tiny pills, I mean they're like so… They come in this tiny bottle. Little tiny pills that you put in here and then she said they have nothing in them, which I hope you'll explain what I just said.
– I'm still learning too so.
– But the remedy is an herbal concoction that's diluted down to almost nothing and then coated on this little pill. And I was like this girl's crazy. And then she introduced me to Joe at Calibracy who I'd also kind of been introduced to through the Weston A. Price Foundation. But homeopathy was always that wacky thing. So then I did the gateway, my first Gateway To Homeopathy course about a year ago and I just did the one with you.
– Oh I didn't know you've done two of them.
– Yeah, this is my second time.
– So was your world rocked at the first one?
– It was not quite rocked because I was so busy with other things at the time and the baby had just been born and I wanted to pay attention but I still had those little doubts.
– And then when the baby started teething and we started giving her arnica because that was what we had. And I know there are other things she's trying to get in.
– Grandma, what are you doing? So we gave her that and it worked beautifully. It took all her pain away from the teething. And I thought okay, that's interesting. And so then I did the other homeopathy course and I have just been totally convinced that this is the real deal. From the hospital I have a chronic cough and when I first got out of the hospital, I would cough all night. I couldn't get any sleep and I would cough and nobody had any cures, Doctors all wanted me to take Nexium and then I tried that and then all my hair fell out and I was like okay I'm not doing any more. So I've been looking, I could not find any information about a chronic cough and I finally found some information and I did a few other things. But in homeopathy, I started taking just during this last course Ipecac, which is Ipecac 30 and that has worked wonders. My cough is almost gone.
– It's gotten better over the years but it's been remarkable. I have acid reflux, chronic acid reflux, and so I looked up the the Banerji protocol for that and I ordered the stuff and I've been taking that. It's much better.
– Oh my gosh, you're having all sorts of good successes, aren't you?
– Oh, yeah! And since then my little Facebook live was gonna be on what I use for pain instead of aspirin because I'll tell you something. I'm never using aspirin again. I'm never using Tylenol, I'd have to be deathly ill to use Tylenol.
– Yeah, me too.
– I would have to be convinced it would save my life. So we don't even have that in the house. We have aspirin and I have taken it occasionally but I'll never have to take it again because we use arnica for pain. My husband he might still hear him coughing in the background. We just got over, each of us had a little flu and that darn baby brought it in the house. So he still got the cough but while I had the flu I was sick for two days, only two days, which is remarkable. And I had terrible pain in my thighs and my knees and my hips, just like a flu-like, those aches and pains and I would take arnica and boom. 15 minutes later that pain would be gone. So I took a lot of it during the the two days whenever I feel the pain. It went away, I could sleep. And after a while it stopped coming back and I guess I was getting over it but–
– And that's what they say about homeopathy and this is what I talk about in my post too. That Joette taught me that instead of taking the conventional meds, which they come with side effects almost always. If your hair's not falling out and you're constipated or who knows what but they push the condition deeper. That's what the way that Joette explained it to me. So when I had the migraines, which is what my post is about how to get rid of migraines, that's partly what it's about. He told me try really hard not to take the Motrin. Because I knew if I took two Motrin, it was gone. But she said yeah it's gone but it's gonna keep coming back. Whereas if you start using homeopathy instead, which now I found like I call in my post, my magic sauce that actually works really well, but she said if you use that, you're gonna get a headaches less and they'll be less severe and pretty soon they'll be gone. So it uproots, that's what I love about homeopathy and I don't get how it works, I really don't. I tried to take a stab at it in the post and try to describe how… maybe Sheena was suggesting her and I think maybe that's how it works and that she kind of convinced all of us. But then this lady and the my comments at the post was like yeah, I don't know if that's really it. I'm like well, I don't know, I'm just learning. I don't really get it either. So your world has been rocked like my has now?
– Yes. In functional medicine you do the same thing. You look for the root. You go to the doctor and you say I have a headache. He says take two aspirin and call me in the morning.
– Yes. So the headaches gone, the disease must be gone, right? And that's not right. As you say there's something causing those headaches and you want to get to the root of it. So in Functional Medicine, we're trained to look for the root. I get a whole health history. We look at all the symptoms. If you could afford testing we do blood, stool, urine, hair. There's another one that we do but we–
– Muscle testing, do you do muscle testing?
– I don't do muscle testing but I have a friend who's very good at it. So there's all kinds of testing you could do to figure out what the root cause is. And then you go after the root. And if the root is parasites, there's a whole protocol of supplements that you take three times a day. You take it for two months. You have to be diligent about it. If it's adrenal, some adrenal problem, then you work for, that can take two years to heal in Functional Medicine. And you take supplements, you got to work on your sleep, and your diet. You got to figure out what you're, you do elimination, you know, it's complicated.
– And I don't like complicated. And it's expensive.
– You're buying all those supplements and paying for all that testing and that's something about homeopathy when I said you're blowing my Functional Medicine brain all to hell.
– It's so simple and you don't have to do all that. Sheena reprimanded me one time. I said well what's the root? And she said you don't look at the root. You go by the symptoms.
– Well, the cause. You were saying what's the cause? And she said we don't care why.
– We don't care why.
– We just care what like what's happening and that's what you deal with because that's how you, like she says, you start peeling back the layers through the years. And sometimes you'll go back and she said that like old issues will come up and that's not necessarily a bad thing. That means that the layers are kind of coming up. So yeah she says to just look at the symptoms and that goes in and uproots what's causing it.
– Yeah and the same thing happens with Functional Medicine. Sometimes you'll start with the adrenals, you heal the adrenals, and then something else comes up that was always there but you were unaware of it because you were so tired or so focused on your adrenal health or your thyroid. Off and the next thing and the next. Or you'll do a whole parasite protocol and you'll test and there'll be a brand new thing that was hidden under the other parasite. It happens. So homeopathy, I mean this little bottle of pills. I bought this bottle of pills, which is I think eight dollars.
– Is it the Washington one?
– It's Washington homeopathy, yeah. And this is my arnica. I have another bigger bottle of arnica. Because I'm never going to be without this.
– The economy size.
– The economy size. So it's just fascinating how well it's working on the things I've used it for. And then in our Gateway To Homeopathy course so many people said things that has worked for them. So I'm very excited to find this. It just makes things so much simpler, affordable, and cures.
– Right. Well, what I do want to bring up though and this is kind of a criticism of homeopathy for some people because when I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about how it seems so much simpler. You don't have to go through so many tests and try this, try that supplement. And she said well, homeopathy seems that way to her sometimes because if something doesn't work, you're going back and changing to this remedy or try that new protocol. But what I was thinking and I wrote this in the post, and it was 4,000 words.
– It was great. It was huge. But nobody has to write another post so thank you.
– Well, most people probably will never get to the end of that but I figure they could use it to search, like do control F for find and search whatever they're looking for. But what I was talking about on there is at least it's a cheaper. It's a cheaper way to keep searching. Because what Joette teaches is that you have to have the right diagnosis in order to have the right remedy and if you don't, it's gonna be trickier. And even if you have the right diagnosis, you may not always find it with the first line protocol and sometimes you have to go to second or third and then she said after that you go to the classical. You're your own researcher. I mean, you could use the help of a homeopath which some people might need you for really tricky things but you can just keep looking. So you're out six bucks or 10 bucks or whatever it may have cost. It's not like it's an expensive way to keep trying. It is frustrating though. I think I was sharing about–
– You had your friend, right.
– Yeah, my aunt who we went through three different protocols but we don't know exactly what's going on with her. So we were just trying different pain remedies. She had extreme pain probably to a 10 at times. So I wouldn't say it's perfect. I don't want people to think it's perfect, nothing is, nothing's gonna work for everyone. But I have personally had so many successes. You have had so many successes. So I think that why not try this and be open to it.
– Why not?
– [Kelly] Even if we don't understand it.
– I mean there's no side effects.
– Right. No side effects, no drug interactions or whatever, right?
– Yeah, nothing. I mean it's not dangerous.
– What do you tell people though when they say well, how could that work? Those little pills.
– Well, I want to point out another thing too that you came across and I think it came up because of your aunt is that if someone's doing conventional medicine and they don't want to give that up because they don't want to be in the pain, they can do both at the same time. And maybe you know we start to back off of the conventional medicine. I love that.
– Yeah, that was actually another friend of mine. Well, my aunt did that too. But she, it's harder I think when someone's in a lot of pain and when they're older to convince them. Because she would've had to keep taking the pain meds but then take the homeopathy and kind of slowly work off it. She's too much pain to do without all that so right now she's just waiting for her doctor but my other friend who has back issues, she's doing that right now. She's taking the conventional when she really needs it but she's working on the underlying issues with the homeopathy hoping that that's gonna work for her. Now, I had told her about my husband's back pain and how it's not like he never has any back pain. Like if he is in the car too long or whatever but he now he's got his remedies and it helps a lot better, like we said it uproots. But he had a worse back pain that would drop him to the floor at times. Bless you. And he doesn't have any more of that. That's completely gone, the really, really bad pain. Now, he just has like the normal kind of aches and pains if he lifted something or whatever but homeopathy has taken care of really the worst of his back pain for sure. And I mentioned it helped me with my migraines. I have my remedy now, it's no big deal. Oh, what I wanted to tell about though and I was telling you about this the other day is the aconitum or aconite for short.
– Oh, right.
– Sometimes I wake up and I feel like maybe I'll have like a scratchy throat or a little cough or stuffiness, I feel like something might be coming on. I'll take that right away and literally, well, I haven't been sick since I started homeopathy so I don't even, I can't even say that that there's a time that hasn't worked. Because every time I just take that and nothing kind of comes on.
– It's just done and I've done that with the kids before too if they wake up with something. Although our son woke up a few weeks ago with something and he said he wasn't feeling good. I gave him that and it didn't work turns out because he had chickenpox.
– Yeah and I was like yes, natural immunity. So I'm gonna do a whole post about that soon 'cause when I used homeopathy he was never itchy.
– I mean, a little, but I mean not even, he wasn't even really complaining. He just had a little sore throat, a little upper respiratory stuff but that was so simple. So there's just, I've had so many good successes with it.
– Yeah, I'm so excited to dive in deeper. I'm just and I love the Banerji protocols. I'm just totally sold on. Once you have the diagnosis, you need a correct diagnosis. I have three cases. How do I explain to people? People don't come to a Functional Medicine practitioner until they're desperate.
– Oh, yeah.
– They've usually been to all the conventional medicine and finally they go, what else is there? And then they call a Functional Health practitioner.
– Right. So are you gonna add this to your practice?
– Absolutely, absolutely. Well, I don't do a lot of coaching anymore. But I have people call me and I have three potential clients who are at their wit's end and so I'm going to talk to each of them and say listen, could we try homeopathy?
– So that's the other thing. I was gonna mention is I'm still learning. Like you and I both we feel pretty new at this I think. Even though you took the other class too but I'm still learning all this so I don't really feel qualified to teach people very much about this yet. I mean, basically all I've done is told how I've used it and how it's helped me. I am gonna do, I think, I mean it's 100% yet but I think I'm gonna do a study class soon with another gal who's got a lot more experience than I do.
– And so I've been telling people so if I end up doing it, email me to let me know that you might be interested and put in all caps like study guide in it so I I'll see it and I'll flag it and I'll set it aside because we can only take a certain number and then I can have my order in case I get too many. So email me, Kelly@KellytheKitchenKop.com.
– You're saying that to the whole–
– To everybody. Yeah well, if you I mean you too if you want–
– I think I already did.
– Oh did you, okay good. I just want to mention that. So is there anything else you want to share before we sign off?
– No, I think I'm good. I'm so excited by it.
– I know, me too.
– [Sally] Which I didn't expect at all.
– Right. That we have another tool, a way to help people.
– Another tool.
– Yeah, all right. Thanks so much Sally.
– [Sally] Oh, you're welcome, thank you Kelly.
Paola & Kelly transcript:
Let's start with you letting us know how
you got into homeopathy in the first
place…? Okay so how I got started with
Joette is I was very sick I mean this is
like the cutest story and it tells you
how precious Joette is, I was very sick I
had just had a miscarriage and had
been struggling with the bladder disease
called interstitial cystitis is a very
horrible autoimmune disease that Harvard
Medical School says that suffering from
this condition can be like suffering
from chemo because it's so debilitating
and painful and it was and and then I
was also suffering from a skin condition
called dermographia and I was itching all
over my body my husband and I had been
trying to heal my body for you know
several years and we've gotten into
$30,000 worth of credit card debt –
we had no money, nothing nothing left and I
found homeopathy and Joette and I really
wanted to work with her but we had like
not not a dime to our name to be able to
do this so I call her and I convinced
her – you know she used to do
those free consults at the time where
she'd do like you know ten minutes hear
your story and she still doesn't Oh does
she okay yeah she she hadn't done them
for a while so I you know sometimes that
changes no be mad at me you think this
she's not doing it when you hear this
yeah I think I heard it just recently
that she'll do a 15 minute consult to
see if it's for you or whatever right so
we do that 15 minute consult and I'm like
sobbing on – like Kelly this
is the worst job interview ever sobbing my head
off and you know because I just had this
miscarriage and I was just wasn't
getting better and I was just all over
and then I tell her but I
really want to work with you but I can't
afford you and some people say they can't
afford things and have like nice nails
I really really
couldn't afford it and and I told her
you know I've been teaching online
college for 10 years I'm a college
teacher English and 12 years now and I
said and I think it can like jazz up
your stuff like I can
help you and this she was
just so sweet she's like yeah I mean
let's talk about this let's see what you
talk about this further you know and so
then I got hired and and
her husband and her entire team were
just so precious to me they gave me all
the wings I needed to fly so she started
a podcast and after a while I became the
host of that podcast I had
this great idea called
mom's with Moxy and she was
like yeah let's do it you know and I got
to interview these amazing moms that
have great experiences with homeopathy
and so you know she gave me that and
then you know her husband and I
came up the idea of study groups and she
gave me the wings for that so I was
actually a collaborator and
on the study group curriculum
for Joette and you know we worked on it
together but I was writing it and you
know the whole idea of getting the OHM
pharmacy certificate to buy from
them and anyway so we just did a lot of
really awesome projects together and
it's just been amazing and she brought
me into this wonderful world of
homeopathy and I could just talk about
her forever because she's amazing. So you
and your husband found the homeopathy
info kind of on your own because you
were trying to heal yourself and that
led to Joette and then working for her?
Yeah that's right so I grew up with
homeopathy my mother was an immigrant
of Brazil this is really interesting
we're immigrants of Brazil and my mom
knew that when we moved here my dad was going to
school and so she brought with her a
homeopathy kit from Brazil and she had
a little booklet
so growing up she would treat like just
you know all those little things that
kids get and we were generally healthy
but she would treat us with her
homeopathy kits because we didn't have
but here's the sad story, my
mother she'd been brainwashed I
guess you know like like our society has
been that that really you know the
ultimate goal is for my dad to graduate
get a job and first have medical
insurance and be seen by a real
doctor so when that happened when my dad
did graduate and get a job oh my gosh
ladies gonna break your heart she threw
out her remedy kit and she was like okay
now we have the real medicine. oh how sad
well what about now what does she say
now? oh no my mom so
she's like one of my most ardent
supporters okay I'm very blessed
because she what the drugs did to my body how I
you know the antibiotics, I got married
and when we when you started marry life
I start getting all those UTIs and that
is when the antibiotics started because
up until then I've been pretty darn
healthy and antibiotic free because of
how poor we were you know being poor has
that's great though I
love that she came back around I know
well we're from Brazil and and you know
I think out of the United States people
are very very have different feelings
about natural medicine and so my dad my
mom my siblings and even my husband side
of family who was American and they had
ten kids and so that whole financial
thing you know you just do it yourself
you don't want too many doctors so I'm
very blessed in that. So but you don't
work for Joette anymore correct? So tell
me what's going on with you now? So it's
just it's just amazing how you know I'm
a person of faith and how God kind of
leads you down paths that you don't know
you're going to take so you know I
reached a point that I felt like I
had a focus on my family
I'm a very busy life on a
homestead we milk a cow twice a day we
make cheese and have this enormous
garden have nine beds that are like 35
feet long and you know we
live this very busy rich life and I felt
like it was time to focus on that but
wouldn't you know it's not even
seven months later the FDA comes out
with this actions on homeopathy that got
me very concerned and we started
Americans for homeopathy choice or
websites homeopathychoice.org and you
know it really kind of gave me the space
that I needed to kind of shift into that
role that I think was the right thing for me to do.
So that's what you're doing a lot of you're
spending a lot of time in this new
organization that you started? yes oh yes
I'm the president of homeopathy choice
org and we have just an incredible
movement of mothers and others who
support homeopathy and it's just it's
been it's been a once in a life
experience it's been amazing. So the main
goal of this is to keep homeopathy the
way it is now and that we can have access
to it correct? What I'm wondering is
well first is that the main goal and
second how is your organization
different than other homeopathy rights
organizations that might already be out
there? okay so those are like two very
big questions so the first one was wait
what was the first one? What is the
main focus? Is it to
keep homeopathy available? So yes the
main focus is to keep it available so
it's important to know that what the FDA
is doing is they're not trying to make
what they're trying to do is they're
creating some actions that would
undermine homeopathy and I do believe it
would impact its viability and success
in the United States for the future and
and if you sit down and you look at
what they're doing they're trying to
pull out a compliance policy guide 400
400 that has guided the safe
manufacturing and production of
homeopathy it's it's been one of the
reasons that has enabled homeopathy to
grow to the three billion dollar
industry that the FDA says it's grown to
and to pull something out
see then again what has enabled it to
grow so there's this document that
guides the FDA and how they enforce
homeopathy it's like the PlayBook that
they use to to to police homeopathy okay
and and the rulebook is really fair it's
a fair rule book and and so is this
mutually beneficial that FDA you know is
clear on what they're going to enforce
and how they're gonna enforce it and then
the homeopathy industry is like okay
this is what we have to do to stay in
compliance okay right it's not even a
regulation though it's just a guidebook
okay and so after virtually no
incident they decide they're going to
pull it and rewrite the whole thing as
if there's problems with it and so
that's really concerning because then
what if the new rule book sucks right?
and then it starts to undermine
homeopathy and then that could lead to I
mean the ultimate concerns listen I have
a friend I've ordered homeopathy from
overseas before and I have a friend
right now who ordered some stuff from
overseas you know cuz sometimes there's
remedies or you know what I've read or
whatever reason she wanted to order from
outside the country and I believe in supporting American
homeopathy pharmacies but
she wanted to buy it from
there and that's great and I've done
that before too it and she
sent me this a copy of this letter that
the FDA is holding
her shipment and they may not allow her
to have it because now they're really
enforcing this idea that you you can't
even order from overseas so like they
are you know they probably have that
now they're like flexing their muscles
and they're they're actually
doing it so I mean this is a scary time.
Can I say something real quick cuz
this is really important, do not run
around saying that the FDA is trying to
take away homeopathy because that is
technically inaccurate and we look
stupid so it's important that we come
across publicly especially in front of
the FDA as a very informed group and we
need everybody to know that that's not
technically what they're doing, what
they're doing is they're undermining
homeopathy by trying to pull the cpg 400
400 you have to be very precise and
accurate because it's a political issue
and we have to say it right. I
understand and I may not keep this part
in but the reason that I titled my
previous post or my previous video about
homeopathy the way I did… no no you're
good there's nothing you asked a
question that's a great way to do it
that's totally fine I have no issues I
think that's a really great question
that I think it's important to answer
and so thanks for having me on your show
because you know we want to answer that.
Okay so then tell us I assume that other
homeopathic organizations are all over
this as well so I'm just curious how
your new organization is different from
those? Okay so this is really interesting
let's look at that the
Weston A Price Foundation – they
they are a consumer group saying that we
the people want raw milk and they
ended up being a very very powerful
voice in that political movement because
when you have a consumer saying I just
want access to this is very different
than someone who stands to profit from it,
you know like a raw milk industry,
there's nothing wrong with the industry
wanting to do that I think that's great
that we have remote farmers that want to
make money off of that I mean there's
nothing wrong with it I believe in a
free market you know but right but there
is a there's a unique leverage that is
held from a consumer group and until
homeopathy choice org there was not a
consumer group that was led by consumers
I am NOT a professional homeopath I do
not sell homeopathic medicines
I think homeopaths are wonderful people
they they serve us in very amazing ways
but I don't want to do it, okay I want
to farm and garden and be a mom and
use my remedies.
So I have to say I met with the
FDA about two weeks ago and and our
organization most definitely has their
attention and we had a very powerful
voice in that meeting because I can look
them in the eye and I say you are
screwing up something that is important
to me that I'm not gonna make a dime off
of right so
I want to empower moms.
So let me
just be clear I teach classes on
homeopathy and spread the word about
it and and that was something I was doing
before homeopathy choice
and I can't just keep spreading the word
for free because it's just not
sustainable that way. Well but face it
though Paola you don't even charge
hardly anything it's not like you're
getting rich off this and I think that
if you charge people they take it more
seriously so they just pay a little bit
to take your study class. Yes it's just
sustainable but it's
more of a service that I do to
spread the word to help them change their
lives, you know my husband most
definitely can't quit his job. So you
know my fear though is that this is
gonna get screwed up somehow now that
finally the light bulb is
fully coming on – I've always
known about homeopathy and I've always
believed that it's powerful but
I never really got it until recently so
my fear is this is gonna get
screwed up when I'm finally getting into
it and realizing how it can heal,
so tell us where does this whole
thing stand now and what can we do to
help and make it super simple because if
it's not super simple people won't do it.
Okay so bottom line
Kelly is we need people to join the
movement we need you to go right now, what you can do is
you can write a letter to your
congressmen and Senators and it's on our
website you just copy and paste there's
a link that you enter your zip code so
you can find your congressmen and
Senators and you just paste that letter
in there for them. I have to
say I can't believe how easy.
I've written the
letter for you it's it's really good
stuff right and then you know but let's
say you're kind of upset with the
FDA you want to send them a letter well
they have a comment period that's open
right now – it closes May,go
to find out the deadline and you can write them a
letter and I've given you a letter
writing guide and it's better if you
write your own letter like the copy and
pasting doesn't work the same for the
FDA like it does for Congress because
when the congressman gets a copy and
paste letter they just want to know okay
my constituents care about this new
issue and that's my vote and done yeah
you know but for the FDA they're one in
quality comments they're wanting to hear
what your experiences of homeopathy
they're wanting to hear that that it's
safe that it's effective that you know
like they want to hear like a variety of
perspectives and so I've given like a
very step-by-step, say this say something
like this say something like this and
then if you don't have time for that
like if you don't have time to write
your letter I do have a letter you
can copy and paste but that's just like
less desirable but I you know you have
both options, so right you can send a
letter to the FDA but really long
term we are going to work
on doing some fundraising to
have money for the legal fees and things
that I think we're going to end up
needing because to me the compliance
policy guide 400 400 this is the guide that
we want to keep, it's the tip of the
iceberg okay Kelly technically the FDA
could make all of homeopathy
prescription tomorrow if they wanted to
that is theirl right. That's scary. It is very
scary and so you know so far
everything's been great and I met
with them and they were
very kind polite to us in that
meeting and we have a positive relationship they
want us to come back and talk to them some
more so I
want to maintain that relationship but
but that makes me really nervous that
they could do that tomorrow in their
legal right if they wanted to so my
point is this compliance policy guide to
me is the tip of the iceberg and so
we're gonna really want to fundraise and
we're gonna really want support, it takes money to make
these things happen, so go
to our website follow our Facebook page
we have an awesome active Facebook
page, I do a live video about once
a week so if you were there
following our page just a few days ago
you'll see that I sent in a follow up
memo to the FDA people we met
with about our meeting
and you know I kind of talked about what
that memo was, why it's
important so we keep you pretty
darn updated. What's your Facebook page?
It's Americans for
homeopathy choice. Well Paola I want
to say thank you so much not only for
chatting with us today but I'm so
thankful for people like you
who are out there and who are on the
ball and on top of it and working to
keep our rights in place and
keep things how they need to be so that
we have access to this forever
so our kids do and our grandkids this
is so important. I want
to say one more thing you know like the
burnout is real I am NOT receiving a
salary for running homeopathy
choice org so if
anyone listening to me is is like
freaked out by anything that I said and
you want to help we have a volunteer page
it's called volunteers for Americans for
homeopathy choices on Facebook and
you have to answer to questions, people
who don't answer the questions we don't
approve so you have to answer two
questions and that means you want to
join and if you have five hours a week
to give if you have twenty hours a week
to give if you have five hours a month
to give and you are actually
good at following through with
assignments you know that's that's kind
of a big deal you should go there and
request to join and we have a volunteer
coordinator that can put you on
a list of what we need. And also maybe people can get in touch
with me because I'm thinking about and
you mentioned that we might be able to
do a study class together so people can
learn more and this would be down the
road because we have a few things
going on! Yeah
homeopathy is very much tied to the
education of homeopathy because one of
the ways homeopathy thrives in the
United States is by empowering more
mothers to use homeopathy, that's a big
part of keeping it alive and well
only so much that you know so many
one person can help you we
have to teach it so you can learn it
yourself and heal your self, so email
me if you're interested:
(Put “study class” in the subject line.)
Can I conclude with this? Homeopathy has
ebbed and flowed often throughout US
history and back in the 1920s
it was mothers who
brought homeopathy to the point that it
is now, do you realize that it is
protected under the Food Drug and
Cosmetic Act there is there's two
pharmacopias under that law, one is the
United States pharmacopia that covers
all the drugs and then there's a
separate book and it's called the
homeopathic pharmacopoeia the United
States and there's a lot of stuff that
happened politically for that to happen
for it to get put in the Food Drug and
Cosmetic Act and mothers were a big part
of that who positioned
homeopathy to get there and I know Kelly
without a shadow of a doubt it's going
to be the mothers that are going to save it again
so come on mama bears, we need your
help this is not a time to be shy it's a
time to to prioritize yourself organize
your life and and volunteer and step up
and donate and do what you can. Right and
like you said
education is a huge piece of it so the
more who can you know like I recently
the light bulb went on the more people
who can get their that light bulb
to come on and they understand the power
I think then that's gonna fuel
this even more, so awesome thank you so
much Paola for talking with me today.
Okay thank you so much for having me
you're awesome Kelly thank you.
***Don't forget to share your own homeopathy success stories in the comments!