Good morning readers, pictured above is our family's favorite breakfast (and MY favorite pan, too). Doesn't it look sunshiny and delicious? I had onions, potatoes, and green peppers from our CSA, eggs and bacon from the farm, and of course lots of pastured butter. Get the recipe here.
I'm excited for tonight, it's our local WAPF chapter's annual potluck at Lubbers' Family Farm — one of the most beautiful places on earth. 🙂 If you're local, click here to connect with our Grand Rapids, Michigan chapter. If you're not local, find YOUR chapter here.
Speaking of the Weston A. Price Foundation, I just got my ticket to go to Anaheim for the big conference this fall — register here and let me know if you're coming so we can meet in person!
Here's what I've found for you this week…
- Did you catch my Monthly blog recap? You can scroll through and see all the juicy stuff you missed.
- Don't you love this hip beer bottle cap? (Thanks to my friend Carrie for sharing it!)
- This was posted on Facebook recently with the question, “In your opinion, what are the biggest drivers of these epidemics?“, click here to see the conversation and read what I think was the BEST response there from my friend, Jill. Sad, but true… (Here's the link to share it on Facebook.)
- This Mike Wallace interview in the video below says it all… he nails this guy from the CDC about the danger of the swine flu vaccine (which he knew and didn't disclose) and he's left squirming in his chair. Read more here. A friend of mine wrote a post about how her husband, David, refused the flu shot (his father has Guillian-Barre Syndrome), read the post here: Mandatory Flu Shots for Health Care Workers. Read David's book about the whole ordeal here: The Man Behind the Mask. A reader on Facebook said, “I believe Johnny Carson joked about it calling it the “cure with no known disease!”
- I'm basically posting this here so I remember to go back and look at it later. All about whitening your teeth naturally.
- Have you ever wondered about your thyroid health? Take this FREE quiz to find out more.
- Thank you Tina for sharing this with me: Lab tests show McDonald's “devastates” gut health. (And other fast food I'm sure.)
- And thanks to my friend, Susan for sharing this: “This article talks about the dirty dozen and the clean 15, but they seem to think that you can make the dirty dozen better simply by washing it!! LOL!” Click here to read the article.
- So much was popular on Facebook this week! I’m going to link to the Facebook conversations so you can join in if you want to, or just click the link there to read the story that goes with the headline here:
- Back to school means not only planning healthy, real food lunches, but also quick, healthy breakfasts to fuel the day. Here is one of my favorite go-to's. Try making extra to wrap and refrigerate for later in the week: Easy Breakfast Burritos. You can find more breakfast ideas here.
- I love this: “Real Farmers Grow Soil, Not Crops“. “Producing more food with fewer resources may seem too good to be true, but the world’s farmers have trillions of potential partners that can help achieve that ambitious goal. Those partners are microbes.” The sad thing now is, chemical-based conventional farming destroys microbial soil health. Such a steep road to recovery the industrial farming model has left us! Read more here.
- This video cracked me up!!!! “Ask your doctor if nature is right for you...”
- Things got a little heated at this post about the dangers of the Gardisil vaccine. “Why is the CDC ignoring explosion of recorded HPV vaccine injuries…” Read more here.
- Did you catch all of last week’s posts?Heretheyarein case you missed them:
- When crickets invaded Joannie’s walls and conspired to keep her up all night, she learned from a biological pest control expert about a homemade, 2-ingredient mixture that eliminates crickets, ants, fleas, and other hard-bodied pests.Learn the ingredients, how to apply in hard-to-reach places, AND get a free printable with DIY instructions for making an inexpensive bedbug trap at the link: Say goodbye to exterminator bills!
- Child Predators on Social Media (scary how easy they got these girls!)
- Yes it’s a Superfood, but What if You Just REALLY Hate Liver?
- Marshmallow Dessert Recipes with Health Benefits: Homemade Sea Salt Caramel Marshmallows + Smores Bars
- The One Probiotic to Take When Taking an Antibiotic — This Info May Save Your Life Someday
- One Very Rude Doctor and How We Become Lifetime Patients — I wanted to mention this again because there are some good comments over there!
- I love to close with a cheesy, mushy, WONDERFUL video whenever I can (feel free to send them to me!) and this one is AWESOME!
Have a good rest of your week everyone!
(Affiliate links are often included in Morning Mix-up posts. Check out my affiliate disclaimer here.)