Good morning, do you have your coffee, tea, or chaga tea in-hand? (Chaga is a coffee alternative, pictured here.) Cool, then let's chat, and not just me talking to you, please comment below and let me know what grabbed you here this week.
We had a fun weekend and enjoyed being outside since it's finally getting warmer here! Saturday we went to one of our favorite restaurants with our friends, David and Michelle. I called ahead to see if they would let Michelle and I do a little martini tasting, something we've talked about doing for a while now. They said sure and even had these cute little martini glasses for us! Each glass had about 1/4 of a martini in them and we tried 8 different fun flavors, which added up to only 2 martinis each. We weren't driving anyway, but they were still fairly weak, which is how we like them since we're not big drinkers. 🙂 It was fun to pick from their extensive menu and try different things — they were all pretty yummy (especially the cucumber martini), however, I think I'll stick with wine tasting from now on. I didn't like not really knowing what was in the martinis, and some looked like there had to be some fake colors. The other super fun thing we did was instead of each ordering our own entree, we took turns ordering and shared 4 different main dishes, it was an amazing, delicious 4 hour dinner!
Here's what I've found for you this week…
- I've posted before on using raw apple cider vinegar for warts, but my local friend, Adrienne, wrote this interesting post: The Easiest and Cheapest Natural Wart Treatment — it sounds nuts, but I'd try it if it were me or my kid!
- Check out my monthly KK blog recap if you missed it in your inbox.
- This short video shows what they didn't have room for in the Bought movie, on the chicken pox vaccine: (Or get the transcript here if you'd rather read it.)
- Safe, convenient birth control? Only if you consider an increased risk of blood clots to be safe… Read this sad story: Families, lawsuits, raise questions about NuvaRing. See my previous post on the dangers of birth control pills. Oh but no worries, the drug company reassures us:
- Why we are all deficient in Magnesium, the many signs and what to do. These are my personal choices for supplemental magnesium: Natural Calm (magnesium drink mix), Magnesium Spray (transdermal), Magnesium Bath Flakes.
- Wine with breakfast? I'm up for trying it… 🙂 Probably better is this idea: How to get more veggies at breakfast.
- So much was popular on Facebook this week! I'm going to link to the Facebook conversations so you can join in if you want to, or just click the link there to read the story that goes with the headline here:
- Here's one more from Adrienne on Adrenal Fatigue — Why Does Everyone Seem to Have it?
- Why 10% of the Population Hates Cilantro: “The first time I tried cilantro I didn’t realize it; I just thought somebody had emptied a bottle of Old Spice on my pizza in an attempt to poison me. Cilantro tastes like soap to approximately 10% of the people who have had their genotype analyzed.”
- Kids, Allergies, and a Possible Downside to Squeaky Clean Dishes. I've always liked it when our kids play in the dirt!
- Use of Antibiotics in Cattle Feed Leads to Airborne Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria.
- Could Microwaves be Safe to Use Afterall? This post blew my mind, the conversation on FB was interesting too…
- Did Cod Liver Oil Contribute to the Overall Decline in Measles Mortality? “Here the data are striking. Measles mortality suddenly and precipitously declined beginning around 1920 and was essentially eradicated before the vaccine was introduced. Almost the entirety of this decline occurred in the glory days of vitamin A’s anti-infective reputation.” Read more of Chris Masterjohn's extremely interesting new post at that link. Here's where we get our fermented cod liver oil: here or here. (I usually check price and shipping.)
- And I like this:
- Cancer and the immune system — there is ALWAYS a link between these two. This video is over an hour, but interesting and important to watch if cancer is in your life somehow right now. Also, minute 59:00 has Sherri Tenpenny talking about how health does not come through a needle:
- Did you catch all of last week’s posts?Here theyarein case you missed them:
- Simple Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe with Grilled Cheese — an easy FAST food meal!
- What Killed This Med Student? Dishonest Psychiatrists and Chemical Straightjackets
- This post was a BOMB from the previous week, apparently no one wanted to share what their homeschooling DAD is like? You still can! 🙂
Have a good week everyone!
(Note: Affiliate links are often included in Monday posts. Check out my official disclaimer here.)