Monday Mix-Up Page 2/Continued… (Click here to go back to page 1.)
Here's what I've found for you this week…
- Food blogger “Food Babe” is really taking heat right now. Here's a post where she responds to her attackers (warning: graphic and offensive/violent language copied in the post). Sadly, this heat is just going to increase on all of us who are trying to raise awareness about things like GMOs, truth in food labeling, farm freedom, and parental rights. Please stand with all of us bloggers who are trying to make you more aware by sharing our posts (use the social media share buttons below!) and clicking on our links. THANK YOU!
- Speaking of GMOs, look what the bad guys are up to now... “The 6th grade core curriculum textbook in question, ‘Science: A Closer Look’ includes a section on genetically modified (engineered) crops that is blatantly pro-GMO with no balance and no counter-points, including four bullet points touting their alleged, and highly disputed, “benefits.” (Source)
- Ready to attack your gut problems head-on? Check out Cara's GAPS starter kit for beginners. Or you may want to check out these other resources:
- Click here for the GAPS Diet book by Natasha Campbell McBride
- Click here for the strong probiotics
- Click here for the fermented cod liver oil
- Click here for Grain free meal plans
- Click here for a GAPS Starter Kit
- Click here for What Can I Eat Now? 30 Days on the GAPS Intro Diet
- Have you seen this post from my archives? A Scary Look at my Recipe Box Before I was a Real Foodie Freak.
- How well do you know the nutrition basics? This little test was interesting. I got 8/10, what did you get?
- I know I've shared this before, but the movie trailer GMO OMG is so good, I wanted to post it here again for my new readers (you can click here to buy a copy or rent it for only $4 bucks):
- I might have to get one of these… Himalayan Salt Lamps release negative ions into the air, which is said to purify the air and reduce allergies. Plus they are very pretty and make neat gifts, don't you think? These two are 50% off (the basket style) and 42% off (neem wood base) right now: Basket style and Neem wood base style.
- Surely you guys know Katie, the Wellness Mama, and recently she wrote an interesting post on the “Dark Side of Blogging”. I got to meet she and Seth at the Indy WAPF conference last month, they are really sweet and fellow Catholic Christians, too. 🙂
- Do you sprout or soak your grains but still have digestive problems? Jill discusses this: Why I gave up on sprouted grains. “It’s hard to convince people who want to practice the traditional way of preparing foods that some methods are just not enough for people with digestive disorders.”
- Since we're talking about digestive issues… I put this on Facebook the other day and got such great advice: “Can't say who but someone I love has severe diarrhea due to taking antibiotics — what should she do??? (Thanks guys!)“! Click here to see what everyone said.
- Here's a sad but sweet local story, written by a friend of ours, that I thought you'd enjoy: Ailing Flower Man's message for Grand Rapids: ‘Thank you for being my friend'.
- Did you catch all of last week’s posts? Here they are in case you missed them: