Monday Mix-Up Continued… (Click here to go back to page 1.)
Here's what I've found for you this week…
- Catch a couple more conference highlights that you may have missed after last weekend. First, from my local blogging friend, Melissa: My first visit to the land of milk and honey. And here is a fun conference video from Mama Natural (even though I have a dorky look on my face!):
I love the part with Jenny — I was watching sweet Paloma while Genevieve and Mike filmed this, and because I'm a mom and can multitask, I also got a quick shot of the whole scene:
- Do you guys remember when my friend Jill wrote a guest post here about her husband, David, choosing to wear a mask at his job rather than get a flu shot? (There are lots of sources for help at that link if you're in that situation.) Well he ended up quitting because he couldn't take another 6 months in that mask (and thankfully he has another great job where the flu shot isn't mandatory), well now the hospital where he used to work doesn't even give the mask option anymore, it's take the shot or be fired!!!!! The Land of the Free? NOT! By the way, David just wrote an e-book on flu vaccine mandates for healthcare workers and it will be available very soon. I'll keep you updated! Read the interesting Facebook conversation about all of this here. If you are a healthcare worker, do you have to get a flu shot every year, and if so, how have you handled it?
- By the way, did you know that Facebook HIDES my posts from you, even if you've liked my page?! I've got over 50,000 followers, but many posts are only seen by a couple hundred people because FB wants me to pay them to advertise. (That's why some stuff in my Monday posts are duplicated from FB because no one saw it yet!) If you want to make me really happy, go to my page here, and right by where it says “LIKED” (hopefully you've liked my page already), click the arrow there for a drop down menu, and click “get notifications”. That should work so you'll see more of what I've posted. ALSO, if you comment or like more of my stuff, that'll also make it so you'll see more. THANKS GUYS!
- I figured it was a good time to share a tried and true recipe for how to cook a turkey:
- Here's another one that cracked me up from Facebook last week:
- Did you catch last week's posts? Here are the highlights:
- American Academy of Pediatrics, take note: European Study Shows Connection Between Consumption of Raw Milk and Lower Infections in Children. “There is additional new evidence that raw milk is a protective agent in infectious diseases in young children,” says Prof. Dr. Ton Baars, a senior scientist for milk quality and animal welfare at the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture in Germany.” (Source)
- Here's the book that convinced me of the safety and benefits of raw milk, and we haven't looked back since:
Have you seen this post: The Perfect Raw Milk Pour Spout.Or this one? Everything you wanted to know about raw milk safety issues, benefits, and more: Last one on raw milk: our youngest is showing off his shirt here, and at this Raw Milk Superpowers post, you'll find out all the ways you can help your beloved raw milk farmer by supporting the Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund!
- Does your spouse support or sabotage your efforts in the kitchen as you try to feed your family healthier? Scroll down through the posts at this link to read more about that and also find out how my husband, Kent, feels about all the changes around here in the past few years. 🙂
- Here's my weekly reminder to be sure and look around my archive page if you haven't lately and my recipe-finder page.
Have a great week!