Best Natural Skin Care Products
I recently got an e-mail from Natalie and she asked, “Will you be doing a post on using the best natural skin care products, as far as soaps, lotions, cosmetics, etc.? I would be curious to know what skin care products people use and how it works for them.”
I don't know a lot about this topic, so I hope you'll share your knowledge by commenting below!
All I know is what I love…here are my personal favorites:
- I use Coconut oil for my skin after a day in the sun, or for moisturizing my legs after shaving. Knowing all the health benefits and that there are no other chemicals in there, just coconut oil, makes me feel good about using it. Here are the best deals I could find on organic virgin coconut oil.
- This “real food skin care” is great on my skin too: beef tallow body balm!
- These lip “shimmers” are a favorite, I'm almost addicted. Their ingredient list includes some natural oils, and I'm convinced that if I feel a cold sore coming on, I'll use it often and they either don't show up at all, or they're much less severe than I used to get. It comes in a variety of colors.
- Recently we've been trying a variety of all natural soaps, because when we try going back to regular store-bought soaps, they all have a fakey sweet smell to us now. But they're expensive… Then I found this bar soap that is cheap and awesome!
- When getting my hair cut recently I told the hairdresser that I still use Suave, and hadn't gotten into the natural shampoos yet. She got the same look on her face that I get when I find out someone is using margarine instead of butter! So lately I've also been trying different all natural shampoos and conditioners. Try this stuff: Mountain Rose has great products for Body/Skin Care!
- Here is some toxin-free Deodorant
- What's on your list of best natural skin care products?
More links to check out:
- Beauty Tips from the Kitchen Kop (Yeah, right!)
- Do you wonder if I make any money when someone buys something through a link at my site? Read #3 at this FAQ post.
- Don't be afraid of the SUNSHINE!