This recipe is great for summertime when you have a lot of zucchini to use, and also a good way to get more eggs and veggies in your diet. It’s easy & fast, too. (Previously this recipe was in the comments at the egg recipes from YOU post, but I wanted to put it here so it’s easier to find.) Note, this may not be the most appetizing picture, but with the crispy edges and flavorful taste, trust me, they’re goooood. Kent said, “They’ve got such a fresh summertime taste.” (They’re low-carb, too!)
- 1 large zucchini, grated & drained (we are really enjoying these from our garden!)
- 1 cup corn (frozen or cut off the cob)
- 1/4-1/2 cup onion, chopped small
- 3 eggs
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon flour, sprouted flour if possible (This post shows how to sprout your grains, or you can buy sprouted flour here.)
- Optional: red or green peppers chopped small
- Ghee or butter for pan
Mix all ingredients well. Drop by tablespoon onto a generously buttered, hot pan. (Flatten a bit so the middle cooks.) Cook until firm and browned on both sides. (This picture shows what the mixture looks like before cooking.)
We all love these and they’re great as a main dish OR a side dish.
- Eggs are a SUPERFOOD!
- HEALTHY DESSERT? Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies from Sonia – Soft, Delicious, and Even a Little Healthy!
- Ways to eat more EGGS!
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.