What happens inside of you when you hear the first Christmas song of the season?
- Snuggling up with the kids and watching Home Alone movies and Elf over and over — with hot cocoa of course. (Any other good Christmas movies I should add to my list?)
- Certain favorite Christmas songs get me out of my scrooge-like mood and thinking about the Baby who came here to earth for us.
- The smell of the Christmas tree, now that is awesome. I’m glad Kent never let me talk him into an artificial tree. (Last year our tree didn’t have a strong enough smell so I bought some pine candles.)
- Getting together with family and of course the excitement of the kids, that makes it all worth it.
- Side note: I just asked our 13 year old what is his favorite part of the holiday season and I thought he’d say presents or something, but he said, “the snow”. 🙂
But alas, with anything good there is the not-so-good.
- I detest figuring out what to get people. There are those, we all know them, who have the gift-giving gift. They find the perfect thing without even trying! They keep an eye out all year and just happen to find exactly what the person will love. Those people tick me off as I bumble through the stores, with no idea of what the heck I’m doing. Just tell me what you want and I’ll go buy it.
- Figuring out what to make for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners, or get togethers with friends and family, is a pain in my backside. What can we make that is reeeeeeally good, but without all the crappy ingredients? If you have people with food sensitivities at your shindig then you’re extra screwed.