A simple layered taco dip recipe that’s always a hit!
Hopefully most of you are involved with your local Weston Price chapter (find yours here or if you’re near West Michigan, join us!) – I’ve been co-chapter leader with my friend Janice for a while now, and love getting to know new real foodies every month. Our meetings are casual but super informative, and we also have something extra fun: goodies to sample!
Last month my friend Geri and her daughter, Margaret, brought this taco dip that was a huge hit. I’ve made variations of it for get-togethers in the past, and it’s always gone before long. It only takes a few minutes to pull together, and you can make it ahead of time, too, which is always a plus.
Tasty Layered Taco Dip
- 2 cans of your favorite organic refried beans. I usually buy a kind that has some jalepenos or other flavorful peppers in it for more yumminess.
- 2 cups sour cream (pastured is best, but if not, at least find sour cream with only cream listed in the ingredients)
- 1/4 cup homemade taco seasoning (or more to your taste – be sure and check it before adding more). If you don’t have any made up, just use 1 teaspoon cumin, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, and 3/4 teaspoon sea salt. (Find spices that aren’t irradiated here.)
- About a cup of your favorite shredded cheese.
- Organic nacho chips (to avoid the nasty GMO corn) for dippers
- See more suggestions/variations below.
- You can use a cookie sheet, or use a large pizza pan like I did. (I love my stainless steel bakeware!) You could also use 2-9×13’s but you may need more sour cream.
- Spread refried beans around the bottom of your pan.
- Next, mix together sour cream and seasonings.
- Now spread the sour cream over the top of the beans.
- Lastly, sprinkle shredded cheese all over the top.
- Serve with nacho chips.
- Let me know what you think! Also, be sure to see the variations below…
Here are a few of the many different variations you can try with this dip…
- Start with a layer of cream cheese on the bottom. Then you can keep the sour cream layer or omit, it’s good either way. If you omit it, you may want to mix a little taco seasoning in with your beans before spreading them on top of the cream cheese.
- Try a guacamole layer, yum!
- Add a salsa layer — we love this fresh salsa
- Before the shredded cheese layer, add any chopped veggies like tomatoes, green/red/orange peppers, black olives, or green onions.
- Do you have any other tasty variations?
- Love Mexican food? Check out more Mexican recipes here
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.