Well, I’ve done it again. It took months before I had the ambition to take another stab at sourdough bread (remember my oven fire fiasco?), and now that I have, I’ve produced more brick-like loaves, dang it. But I have hope! A wise friend has given me her recipe and suggested I get a kitchen scale. Surely that was all that was keeping me from sourdough greatness. I’ll reveal my friend’s identity if and when I get this right, and then she will be the new hero of the Kitchen Kop blog, I tell ya.
In the meantime, I’ve found just the way to use these lovely loaves:
Seasoned Sourdough Bread Crumbs!
- 1 dry, heavy, brick-like, stick-in-your throat loaf of failed sourdough bread
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
Use a food processor to grind into small crumbs. Add more or less seasonings if you’d like. Store in the freezer.
- I’m really not a food snob.
- Starting to think about DIETING in the new year?
- Do you love Chinese food?
- Do you have a Family Favorites Meal List? Read why this is very helpful.