Doesn’t a Salted Caramel Shake Sound Good?
Okay guys, this is only for a once-in-a-while treat, alright? Wow is it ever yummy-licious, though, and all homemade! The idea started when the kids saw a salted caramel shake advertised on TV. As always, I had to say, “I’ll bet I could make them taste waaaay better than that place could…” I took it as a challenge, anyone know what I mean? Homemade blows away the rest any day.
Salted Caramel Shake
- The BEST homemade vanilla ice cream (click here for the recipe) OR check out this post about how to find decent ice cream at the store.
- 1-2 T. homemade caramel — this caramel sauce was hard to find because it was a rare recipe without corn syrup.
- 3/4 c. milk (click here to read about healthy milk options)
- Organic pretzels — we like these organic spelt sourdough pretzels.
- A few chocolate chips if desired and if you find some with an okay ingredient label — I use these but they don’t have a super sparkly label.
I use my Beloved Bosch blender (read more about why I love my Bosch here): First scoop in the caramel, add the ice cream up to the top, pour in the milk and blend ’til mixed. Add a handful of pretzels and chocolate chips (if desired) and blend just to chop them up a bit — don’t pulverize them because the chunks are YUM. Add a few bigger pretzels to the top, just broken up with your hand.
There you have it, a simple homemade salted caramel shake!
Makes about 6 servings, 1 1/4 cup each (or so).
Let me know what you think!
Another one to try: Gluten Free Salted Caramel Apple Cake