If you like cauliflower even a little, you will LOVE this simple side dish – it melts in your mouth! Plus cauliflower is a great source of vitamin C and the ‘super-vitamin': vitamin K.
Roasted Cauliflower with shredded Parmesan:
- First clean and cut up a head of cauliflower into small hunks.
- Next melt 1/4 c. butter, then stir in 1/4 c. olive oil. (Find quality olive oil here.)
- Now cut your Parmesan cheese into hunks:
5. Lay the cauliflower out on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, brush on the butter/olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt. Bake until it’s golden brown at 375*, for about 10-15 minutes – don’t overcook or it’ll get mushy. Sprinkle with however much Parmesan cheese that you’d like (a cup or so?), and broil just ’til it’s melted.
- Update: Wonder about heated olive oil this high? Read more about the myths about cooking with olive oil. Personally, I’ve never had a problem with it smoking when mixed with butter 400*, but you have to watch it to be sure. You could also use ghee, bacon grease, tallow, lard or coconut oil.
You can actually use this same method to make almost any vegetable dreamy. We’ve got some asparagus in the frig right now and I think I’ll try that tomorrow. Any more ideas?
Another update: I finally tried it with asparagus and remembered to snap a picture, it was so good!!! I think I liked it even better than the cauliflower…
Now wait until you see even your kids going nuts over this vegetable side dish!