Is Drinking Coffee Good for You? How do you like your coffee?
Like many of you, coffee is part of an every day lovely morning moment for me. Once in a while it doesn’t happen, and it’s no big deal; once in a while it’s more than a cup-a-day, but not often. (If you wonder whether or not it’s good to drink coffee daily and would like to ask if drinking coffee is good for you, there’s more on that below and I want to hear what you think, too.) Don’t like coffee at all? Here are some coffee replacements that are good for you.
I’ve always only liked it black, and while I’m thankful that I don’t like it with sugar, I’ve always wished I did like it with cream, because a little grass-fed cream would redeem my coffee by adding in some nutrients!
If you’re scratching your head in confusion or freaking out right now about why I’d want to add fat into my diet, read about healthy fats here and why what you’ve heard about them is all WRONG.
So recently I have found a way that I love it with cream, so my morning cup has some redeeming qualities, and wait ’til I show you how dreamy-licious it is…
First I brew a cup of my favorite coffee using my one cup coffee maker and our Instant Hot Water Dispenser - notice the hot coffee doesn’t touch any plastic (read more: A Cup of Coffee Without Plastic Toxins Please!):
Next I pull out my new favorite kitchen tool, a Milk Frother, and whip up some real cream, not milk (best from pastured/grass-fed cows so it’s loaded with nutrients!) – it only takes a minute and it’s sooooo worth it:
Next, dollop a spoonful onto your coffee and enjoy the dreaminess!
My past posts on coffee:
- A Cup of Coffee Without Plastic Toxins Please! - We all know that keeping heat away from plastic is the biggest way to avoid plastic toxins in your life. But if you’re a little slow like me, maybe it took you a while to make the hot coffee and plastics connection…
- Are There *Any* Good Coffee Replacements Out There? - You may want to think about some of these coffee replacements, because even if you do drink coffee, there will always be times when you’d like to enjoy an alternate hot beverage.
- The Real Scoop with Our Hometown Coffee Roaster - Floyd explains the various coffee terms and what they really mean. (Organic, fair-trade, etc.)
Coffee: good or bad for us? Is Drinking Coffee Good for You?
As you know, there are many who advise against drinking coffee (Sally Fallon is one), but there are just as many who say that drinking a cup a day is actually good for you. At the November Wise Traditions conference in California, even Julie Ross (author of The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions) said that coffee with breakfast, not instead of breakfast, is ok for healthy individuals who tolerate it fine. Here are a couple more links for you to look over:
- Here’s why Elizabeth drinks coffee every day
- Why Kristen thinks you should drink coffee
- Gettin’ Real About Coffee Enemas with a Q & A – Coffee Enema Benefits
Share your thoughts in the comments, and also will you share this post on the social media links to see what others think, too?