Tired of the struggle?
Want to get your family onto real food but not sure if you can afford it or if you can get everyone to go for it? Ready to get healthy again? Do you know you need to make changes, but don’t have any idea what you should even be buying at the store or farm? Want to get the kids off junk food?
I can help you with all of that and much more, too…
It took me a looooong time to figure most of this out but now I’ve had my family of six onto real food for years and am excited to share everything I’ve learned, so it won’t take you as long to get here. :)
What you’ll learn:
This revised version is cram-packed with new information. The thing I’m most excited about is that it’s set up in a way that gives you exactly what you want in whichever format you need it in at the moment…
- It still has a quick reference guide for when you want fast answers to questions like,
- “Will you please just tell me what I’m supposed to buy?!”
- Or when someone puts you on the spot and you need a quick reminder of “What was so bad about that food again?”
- Or maybe when you’re at the store you might need something to flip to for guidance there on various ingredients, including “good, better, best” options.
- It’ll also help you know what to look for at your local farm and what questions to ask.
- It has a more detailed section with facts on the different food groups and ingredients, for when you have time to dig in a little more, and it includes information on where to go for even more in-depth reading and research.
- If you’re more of a visual learner, you’ll find an easy top ten real foods and top ten junk foods list in pictures.
- It also includes new bonus material: How to bring your family from junk food to real food, and how to overcome the six main obstacles everyone faces:
- Motivation – You won’t be willing to make a change if you don’t understand why it’s so important!
- Confusion/feeling overwhelmed – You’re probably sick of trying to navigate all the information from the ‘experts’ like what’s ‘good’ vs. what’s ‘not good’, especially when that keeps changing; and you just want to figure out the age-old question of “What the heck can I eat?!” Especially before meal planning or grocery shopping…
- How to afford real food – You’ll learn loads of tips all in one place.
- Dealing with the family complaints – This can wear you down at times, so I’ve got ways for you to get past this one!
- How to make time for real food – There are so many ways that I’ll bet you’ve never thought of!
- Sticking to it for the long haul – This is often what trips people up. Life gets in the way and you find yourself slipping backward. You’ll learn here how to prevent that from happening or how to get back on track.
See the Table of Contents below…
One reader said, “Thanks for the truly eye-opening information – it all just makes sense. I have read so many books on nutrition, and the information is so varied and contradictory – it makes people more confused than ever and just wanting to give up, but this has been very helpful, thanks!“
Another reader said, “Kelly, your book is perfect for sitting down to research and understand the ‘whys’ behind real food. I also really like the quick reference guide with its good-better-best section so I know exactly what my options are, and it gives a clear look at what I need to be aware of when shopping at the store or the farmers market.”
Would you like even more help? Check out the Real Food for Rookies Class!
Check out the TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Quick Reference Real Food Ingredient Guide – 8
2. Local vs. Organic – 17
3. Facts on Healthy Fats & Oils – 19
4. Facts on Conventional Milk vs. Local Raw Milk – 28
5. Quick Facts – 36
6. Beyond the Table – 45
7. Bringing Your Family from Junk Food to Real Food – 47
8. Kelly’s Top Ten Junk Food List in Pictures – 49
9. Kelly’s Top Ten Real Food List in Pictures – 62
10. Obstacle #1 Motivation – 73
11. Obstacle #2 Feeling confused/overwhelmed – 78
12. Obstacle #3 Finding the time – 80
13. Obstacle #4 Family complaints – 82
14. Obstacle #5 Finding the money – 83
15. Obstacle #6 Commitment to the long haul – 86
16. 6 Real Food Recipes Your Family Will Love – 87
17. Helpful Resources & Links – 99