Joette Calabrese noticed my increasing interest in essential oils these days and offered to write this guest post on how homeopathy can be used with essential oils for healing. Thanks Joette!
Homeopathy’s reputation for healing is unmatched.
This is why many of us depend on it exclusively. With homeopathy, ear infections can become a thing of the past, colds can be gently put to rest and sleep is restored. This is good news for those who are new to homeopathy and hope to use essential oils as an auxiliary method. Between the two methods, you’ll witness gentle, yet powerful healing.
Whether you’re a new or veteran user of homeopathy, you may know that certain essential oils, like tea tree oil, mint and eucalyptus oil, (in sum, any aromatic oil) can antidote homeopathic remedies. That means that they have the potential of rendering the remedies useless. Luckily, the chief essential oils for ear infections will not antidote homeopathic remedies.
Because we are working with two different paradigms, the way we select the oil and correct homeopathic remedy is different.
Let me explain. When discerning the correct essential oils, we base our decision solely upon the pathology, or the illness. For an ear infection, regardless of the type of pain or the pain’s location, you choose the essential oil that’s been assigned to that illness. It’s usually that simple.
With homeopathy, it’s more complex.
You don’t choose a remedy based on the pathology, that is, there isn’t one remedy for ear infections, and then another remedy for headaches. Of course, there are commonly used remedies for ear infections (and I have a few listed below), but these are chosen depending upon the symptoms with which the individual presents. For example, the type of pain, the location of the pain and even the persons’ disposition must be considered.
In short, the homeopathic remedy is chosen based on the symptoms that present, while essential oils are determined by the illness. Remember this key difference and you’ll receive the fullest benefit from these two, polite, curative treatments.
Since essential oils are usually easier to choose, I like to suggest that you begin with them when approaching an ear infection. It will provide initial relief and buy you some time to decide on the best homeopathic remedy. You might ask, why even go to the homeopathic remedy when you’ve already employed essential oils?
Natural Ear Infection Remedies
My answer is…because homeopathy is curative.
That means that it will not only address the infection at hand, but it can also cure the propensity for the infection’s recurrence. Homeopathy goes that deep.
Here’s how to use essential oils for ear infections:
Remember to never place essential oils directly in the ears (or the eyes, or any orifice for that matter), only along the outside of the ear.
Here’s how to choose the homeopathic method for ear infections:
Without formal training, you can find the best remedy to use on your own. Remember to pay close attention to the symptoms you see and find the remedy that best matches them.
Below are the chief symptoms of each of the five most common homeopathic remedies. Once you’ve found the best-matched remedy, give up to four doses; one dose, every 3-4 hours. If after four doses, there’s no significant improvement, move on to the next best remedy. If there’s improvement, it can be discontinued. But if there’s a relapse the next day or so, then repeat the same remedy. If the child falls asleep, congratulate yourself; it means the remedy is working. Re-administer if he/she awakens with the pain again.
Remember, if the symptoms have significantly improved before the fourth dose, you may stop administering and enjoy the calm that often follows.
- Belladonna…This remedy is most common for early stages of earaches; the more rapidly the pain ensues, the more likely that Belladonna is the correct remedy. The need for Belladonna is also indicated by a bright red outer ear and either a high fever and/or noteworthy pain. The pain may radiate down into the neck and into the throat. Find Belladonna here.
- Ferrum phos…Use in early stages of earache with no pus formation. The onset and symptoms are not as sudden or as intense as Belladonna. This can be given if Belladonna is not working. Be sure to give Belladonna its full 4 attempts before hopping off. Find Ferrum phos here.
- Chamomilla…This remedy is mostly indicated by the mood of the child and less by particular symptoms. The child is extremely irritable. These earaches come on slowly, but the pain is severe and the child is fractious. That is, nothing seems to satisfy him. The pain somewhat improves with warmth and there is commonly a watery, runny nose. Find Chamomilla here.
- Silica… The need for this remedy often presents in the later stages of an ear infection. The pain may be intense but is typically behind the ear. The ear itches and there is a stopped up sensation. Pus formation and drainage are also indicators for Silica. The child whimpers mildly but is less interested in affection. There is physical weakness, tiredness and the child is worn out and chilled. They are irritated by noise. The hands, feet and head are sweaty and there is nasal discharge. Find Silica here.
- Pulsatilla is a lovely remedy for when a child is clingy and needy either during the ear infection, or in general. It’s more of a little girl’s remedy as she can be sweet and flirty until you don’t offer affection. Then she can be demanding of her mom’s time. All this little one wants is to be held and loved. A desire for cool creamy foods is often an indicator for Pulsatilla and sometimes an ear infection occurs shortly after having had ice cream. Cool wind is appreciated as well as a good long snuggle. Find Pulsatilla here.
Essential oils and homeopathy; a first-rate team when treating ear infections. Have these essential tools at home so you’re never caught off guard.
And when your child’s pain has been cured, you can relax and say “I did it myself…and without drugs.” Then have a cup of tea, relax and soak up the most satisfying and rewarding moment in a mother’s life.
- What a difference 10 years makes: How we dodge antibiotic bullets and prevent antibiotic resistance
- How we use colloidal silver
- My previous post with info on home remedies for colds and earaches
- How to make elderberry syrup for a natural cold and flu remedy!
- 10 steps to building a healthy immune system
Do you use homeopathy for healing remedies around your house? Let us know how!
DON'T FORGET to get your free printable by clicking here: Top 25 Simple Ways to BOOST Your Health with Apple Cider Vinegar!
If you yearn to learn, contact Joette Calabrese at HomeopathyWorks.net for a free, 15 minute SKYPE or phone session and find out if homeopathy is a good fit for you and your family’s lifestyle strategy. For a download of our new, printer-friendly First Aid Chart, go to www.homeopathyworks.net and find it in the “Free Downloads and Articles” box. Don’t forget to check out all the information on Joette’s upcoming system designed for moms. Just click Yearn to Learn.