Good morning readers, here is the links I have for you today…
- Look at the crap they want to sneak into our milk now… “The dairy industry has petitioned the Food and Drug Administration to change their rules governing what is allowed to be put in milk and other dairy products. The industry's main goal is to be able to add synthetic sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose (Splenda), and other such chemicals, to dairy products without having to tell the consumer.” Read more.
- Were you keeping up on all the controversy over my posts last week on drinking alcohol while pregnant? Here is the first one where I say you *can* drink a little when pregnant, and then a follow up where I explain how my thinking changed…
- Some interesting Facebook discussions this week that you might like:
- We had a great speaker at our local WAPF meeting last week: Kathryn Doran-Fisher – a local GAPS Diet practitioner. Here are a few of her interesting comments and the Facebook discussions sparked from them were very interesting: here, here, here, here and here. Or just visit my FB page and scroll down to March 5th to see them all. (Here's my post with info on the GAPS Diet.)
- Tips on going dairy-free.
- From Mommypotamus: “My Son Ate Some Laundry Detergent – Being the kind, thoughtful mother than I am, I handed him a glass of water to wash it down. That, folks, is the beauty of making your own non-toxic cleaning supplies.”
- This is our son helping me bottle our kefir soda pop the other day. (And here's the link for the person who asked what kind of bottle capper I use for our kefir soda.) Here's where to find starters for water kefir/kefir soda, dairy kefir, yogurt, sourdough and more!
- Also a reader asked what kind of baking sheets I use: here's a post I wrote on my favorites.
- Now, an unrelated-to-food video you've got to see about a young man injured while serving our country and his amazingly loyal and faithful girlfriend – this is from my my friend, Doris', site: Click here to watch.