Good morning readers! My friend, Chris, has been giving me ideas on how to improve my blog. He's full of good suggestions so I'm glad I asked. (Wait 'til you see some of his other ideas that I'll attempt to implement around here…) One thing he said was to include more pics in my Monday posts, so here we go! 🙂
- Speaking of Chris, don't forget to snag the Chaffin Family Orchards deal from this post – get discounts on their sweet mandarins and their high quality olive oil before tomorrow when the sales are over! Click here and you'll also find a mandarin recipe round-up. 🙂
- Guess what I made again the other day? These are my favorite vegetables at the moment: Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts. How could something so good for us be so stinkin' tasty?! This recipe is super simple, too.
- Another goodie we had again recently was this recipe for homemade chicken strips – the whole family loves these!
- I've finally posted again over at my other blog, Christianity 101. Check it out, especially if you know someone who is suffering after infidelity in their marriage.
- I'm sure you all remember Becky, who wrote the letter at the post on how health care workers can avoid the flu shot and not get fired, well she's going to school now to become a Naturopath and is asking you to PLEASE sign this important petition to Include Licensed Naturopathic Physicians as primary care providers in the Federal Healthcare Law. Thank you!
- Thank you Marilyn, who sent the following link: CSU Considers Adding Fermentation Science Major. Sounds like this will be targeted toward beer making (not a bad thing!), but how cool if it also leads to more people learning about immune-system-building fermented food and drinks! (Here's how easy it is to make things like fermented carrots or my ‘famous' homemade kefir soda pop – get your starters here, or if you don't want to make your own, you can buy tasty fermented veggies online to keep on hand in your freezer!)
- I’ll see you here later this week for Real Food Wednesday! (Did you know that participating is a great way to get more traffic to your blog OR to learn more about Real Food, and get some great new recipes, too?!)