From Dr. Kaayla Daniel’s blog: iVegetarian: PETA Honors Steve Jobs “PETA has chosen to honor Jobs’s commitment to animal welfare and the environment without acknowledging the role that his vegan or near vegan diet may have played in his death. None of us, of course, knows what caused the pancreatic cancer that led to Steve Jobs’s death or what might have cured him. The one thing we know for sure is his diet didn’t save him.” Just as Kaayla writes at the end of her blog, I’m also writing this on my Mac, with the iPhone never far from my side. I’ve become a die-hard Apple fan and will be forever grateful to Jobs for technology that I don’t have to swear at daily. While it’s not perfect (I still seem to find a glitch now and then — it’s my special gift), compared to the crap in the PC world, it’s darn close. And the fact that at anytime I can drive a half hour to the other side of Grand Rapids and walk into the Apple store to meet with a person who can help fix whatever that latest glitch is, now THAT is pure brilliance. I’d love to know what you think of Steve Jobs and Apple?
- Don’t miss last week’s post about why most peanut butters are NOT good for us, even if all they have in them are peanuts and salt…
- Check out this shocking chart and then read the whole article from Ren: Time to Rein in the Industry-Run USDA. “While the Federal government appears to be relying on RDs as experts in the midst of America’s obesity crisis, it doesn’t want to pay them to help people lose weight. This news comes as the American Dietetic Association (ADA) is under scrutiny for its ties to food and pharmaceutical industries.”
- My friend, Sandrine, has just started a blog in order to have a place to archive all her super helpful Facebook posts, here’s one of her new posts that has already gotten a lot of attention: “What I learned from mothers about baby’s first foods.” (You can also read my posts about feeding baby here.)
- Did I tell you yet about how Colloidal Silver totally cleared up our kids’ red ears recently? (Read more about the kind I buy and my top 3 uses.) I have an otoscope, so when the kids get colds like they have recently, I’ll peek in there… I looked inside and saw very red ears. So I had them lay on their sides for 20 minutes and dripped a dropper full of colloidal silver into each ear. (See the comment below about warming it a bit first!) In ALL three, the redness was totally gone the next day, so we were able to avoid putting them on antibiotics! (This is always my goal when the kids get sick.) What are some ways YOU have avoided antibiotics at your house? (I always need more tips in that area.)
- I love this post from Jill last week with lots of pictures: A Visit to Sally Fallon Morell’s Farm – it is absolutely beautiful! (Jill’s photo at right.)
- Don’t miss the latest on the Horrific case against Jacob Stieler’s parents after last week’s hearing, please keep writing those letters!
- I’ll see you here later this week for Real Food Wednesday! (Did you know that participating is a great way to get more traffic to your blog OR to learn more about Real Food and get some great new recipes, too?!)