Ancho-chile Lime Mayo has always been my favorite, and I made up this recipe after having something similar in a restaurant. It is so good I could eat it plain, but I try to exercise some self-control! (It's great on burgers!)
Ancho-chile Lime Mayo
Use organic ingredients whenever possible:
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro (or dried – “coriander”)
- 1 Tablespoon dried ancho-chile pepper (you can get it by the spices)
- Juice from 1/2 an organic lime
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayo (That's a link to my homemade recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon unrefined sweetener or maple syrup
Mix well and serve on sandwiches or as a dip for chicken or veggies or whatever. As a dip you may need to make a bigger quantity than when using it on a sandwich.
You can play around with all the ingredients and add more or less to taste, this is only approximate because I don't measure as I make it, I just pour in a little of each and see how it tastes.