Happy Father's Day to any Dad's out there! Just in case you still need some ideas for your Dad or husband today, what to cook him or what to buy him, I thought I'd share with you what Kent's 5 favorite meals are, and because he loves to cook, I'll also share what his 5 favorite kitchen gadgets are, too…
Kent's 5 Favorite Gadgets (You're not too late to shop for Dad today, just get a gift card for now or order these and tell him it's coming):
- His big, sturdy, grill spatula – I was surprised to see this on Amazon, but this is the one he has and loves.
- Cast iron pans are the only frying pans he uses (except for the next one), and he is much better than I am about keeping them nice by rubbing oil all over them after cleaning.
- This big stainless steel electric frying pan is BOTH our favorites, one of the BEST investments we've ever made, and they're not actually that expensive. It's big enough to cook meals for our whole family, and it cleans up good, too. (Read more about it in this post: Bye Bye Teflon Skillet.)
- Good knives – Anyone have some good ones at this link to recommend? We need to invest in new ones and I'm sick of complaining about ours.
- He loves his coffee made in this stainless steel percolator coffee maker. It really does taste better, and I love that it doesn't touch any plastic. Read my post about it: A Cup of Coffee Without the Plastic Toxins Please!
And now for Kent's 5 Favorite Meals:
1. Triple Pork Poutine – He made this for us once after he and Kal had been to a soccer game in Toronto and tried it at a nearby restaurant.
2. Parmesan Pesto Pasta with Seasoned Chicken – This recipe came about after I pulled a few different ideas together…
3. Fajitas with grass fed flank steak – This is what we're eating for dinner today.
4. Guinness Irish Stew – Kent loves anything with Guinness, and while I can't stand the beer, this stew is really flavorful!
5. Kitchen Kop’s Beef Stroganoff – This was one of my favorite meals that my Mom made as I was growing up. She's a great cook.
What are you giving your Dad or your kids' Dad today? More importantly, what are you cooking for him?! 🙂