These homemade fudgesicles were very easy to make, and I thought they tasted like a delicious cross between chocolate ice cream and cheesecake. However, my kids aren’t big cheesecake fans and I couldn’t get this by them. Imagine my frustration when they wouldn’t eat a chocolate popsicle! I thought for sure I had this one nailed and they’d never know it was good for them… Waaa waaaa, they didn’t like the little bit of sour flavor (similar to cheesecake), so I was kicking myself for adding some whey. You may want to make it without.
I put them in little Tupperware popsicle makers that I found on ebay. (I’d rather not use something plastic but at least it’s cold, which makes me feel better.)
UPDATE: read the comments below – while these are still a pretty healthy frozen treat, sounds like they may not be much of a probiotic food after being frozen…….bummer!!
- 1 c. yogurt cheese
- 2 egg yolks (from a farmer who raises chickens on pasture – look for nice orange yolks)
- 1/2 c. cream (raw dairy is best, but for sure not ultra-pasteurized!)
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. real maple syrup
- 2-3 T. organic cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. whey (optional – see note above)
- Couple shakes of sea salt
Mix together until smooth. Makes 12.