I asked a couple other food bloggers if they'd do a guest interview for me – they agreed and were both fairly short, so I thought I'd share their interviews together. 🙂
Here's the link to Brian's blog and his answers to my questions:
- What is your #1 motivation for eating/feeding your family healthier meals? I'm concerned about the future health of our country. Change needs to happen at the grassroots level so I am doing my part.
- What started you on your path to better nutrition? A complex question! I started life as a vegetarian and raised in a Seventh-day Adventist home. Health and diet is a major component of the teachings the Seventh-day Adventist church, so I have always been interested in healthy eating.
- What is your biggest struggle in eating/feeding your family healthier meals? Recently, my wife's job was keeping her so busy that I ended up taking over the kitchen. My wife is not on the same page as me in regard to healthy foods and she makes the kid's lunch. It is difficult to get the kids to eat all the food I make because they know that if they just wait, at the next meal they can have junk.
- What is your favorite healthy recipe? I have a lot of favorite recipes, but one of my favorites is white bean and ham soup (which I do in the crockpot). I know, some people debate the healthiness of pork, but I'm not concerned.
- What is your best kitchen/nutrition tip? Buy only whole chickens, cut off the meat to use in your recipes, freeze the carcass, and make stock when you have 3 or more carcasses.
- What did you have for dinner last night? Beef chuck roast braised with carrots, onions, and celery; garlic/sour-cream mashed potatoes; a slice of orange. Also two squares of Rapunzel semi-sweet chocolate (55% cocoa) sweetened with Rapadura.
- What is your #1 motivation for eating/feeding your family healthier meals? Improved health and happiness.
- What started you on your path to better nutrition? My earliest interest in nutrition was a college course I took on it. I switched to eating whole grains around that time, but it wasn't until I ran into the WAPF and Mercola web sites a little over two years ago that I began my current quest for improved health.
- What is your biggest struggle in eating/feeding your family healthier meals? My biggest challenge is convincing my wife to make changes.
- What is your favorite healthy recipe? My morning raw milk, raw cream, raw egg yolk, unsweetened cocoa powder smoothie.
- What is your best kitchen/nutrition tip? Keep it simple – I'm a lazy cook. Learn the easy things first.
- What did you have for dinner last night? Leftover ground lamb that I cooked, leftover lasagna that my wife cooked, and a pink grapefruit for dessert. These are my short responses. I could probably write several paragraphs on some these 🙂
THANK YOU BRYAN & BRIAN!
- Scroll down at this link to read through past guest interviews, including one from my husband, Kent
- Support from your spouse in the kitchen
- Feeding/caring for your baby
- Life changes-5 ways they're all the same