No, you’re not going crazy, I did post another white chicken chili recipe – it was last winter when it was actually chili weather. But an easy recipe is good anytime, and with only 4 ingredients and the fact that you cook it in the crock-pot, this one is perfect for crazy days when you need to throw something together quick! I’ll be adding it to the “our version of fast food these days” list.
Also, scroll down for another version of this that we all love…
- 4 Chicken breasts (or leftover chicken) – buy from local farms with pastured chickens
- 3 (15 ounce) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 16 ounce Monterey Jack cheese (or raw cheese!)
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa (Lyn suggests you puree' it in the food processor first, so there are no chunks to scare off the kids. My suggestion: buy organic if you can.)
Boil chicken breast and pull apart (I typically use leftovers from a roasted chicken or one that I boiled previously for broth). Combine chicken, beans, cheese and salsa in a crock-pot and cook on low all day or on high 2 or 3 hours. Eat with nacho chips on top and a dollop of sour cream.
I make this with homemade chicken stock (here's how to make it) and drop in frozen chicken breasts into the crock that morning with the organic salsa – so simple! We wait and add the cheese before serving, along with the sour cream and organic nacho chips.
(I now know how quick and simple pressure cooker broth is so I can make some mineral-rich broth more quickly in a pinch. If you just don't think you will make it or want some on hand for when you're really crunched for time, try this bone broth — it's 100% grass-fed with a bunch of gelatin, organic ingredients, and it's shelf stable! I love keeping their beef and chicken broth on-hand for quick recipes because they make it just like I do here, and without the nasty msg-like ingredients, additives, or preservatives that store-bought has.)
A similar recipe:
***I also love this recipe with black beans (2 cans), corn (I use 2 cups of frozen), and cream cheese (add 8 oz. cream cheese about a half hour before serving) – it's so good and just as simple! I also add sea salt, a pinch of sugar, garlic powder, & onion to this recipe.
- When buying nacho chips, I buy organic to avoid GMO’s!
- FYI: If you don’t make homemade sour cream yet, Daisy brand sour cream has a nice, short ingredient label.
- DO YOU HAVE ANY SUPER EASY AND NUTRITIOUS RECIPES YOU’RE WILLING TO SHARE? If so, I’d love to post them, please email them to me, preferably with a picture of yourself that I could use in the post! (Or tell me if you’d rather stay anonymous.)
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are (traditional, GF, paleo, vegetarian)… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you. NOW recipes also available from Nom Nom Paleo, The Paleo Mom, and Wellness Mama all in one spot! You can read over my review here.