Do you love fish tacos?
I got too much fish out of the freezer the other day and we were sick of eating it fried (as yummy as it is), so we decided to try making fish tacos! Kent, who didn’t used to like fish, is really coming around! It started with Joe taking him to a good restaurant near Detroit where he first had fish tacos (they were on the way to a Red Wings game, but we don’t mention them around here these days), and he’s gotten better from there. So I had leftover Tilapia to use up, and although it may sound odd to you (the word “fish” with the word “tacos”), trust me, it’s good, and sooooo easy!
Easy Fish Tacos
- Cut whatever fish you’d like to use into bite-sized pieces (find safe, healthy seafood here). Fry on medium heat in some olive oil. (For quality olive oil, visit my resources page.)
- Sprinkle on some taco seasoning (however much your family likes – I go easy since a couple of the kids freak out if it’s too spicy), and keep stirring it around until it’s done. (I used the organic packet and haven’t made my own homemade taco seasoning yet, but I’m going to when I run out!)
- Serve on tortillas with whatever you like on your tacos: sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc. (I also haven’t tried making these homemade tortillas yet, but it’s on my list!) I just ate some of the fish by itself because it tasted so good, and because I’m trying to avoid carbs whenever I can.
Isn’t that super easy?! (Of course mine didn’t look as good as the picture above.)
Have you ever made fish tacos? How do you make yours?
- 10 Tips for Building a Healthy Immune System
- Would you like help implementing the principles you read about on this blog into your life? I’d love to talk with you! Learn about KITCHEN CONSULTATIONS and read more FAQ’s about the blog.
photo: sifu renka
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.