Don’t you love knowing that the whole saturated fat myth is behind us (for those of us who now know better) and we can enjoy foods with real cream guilt-free?! This grain-free dessert came from my friend Amy at bible study a while back, and she followed this “Raspberry Fool” recipe. I made some variations and came up with a couple of different versions…
Strawberry Dessert in a Cloud
Kent likes anything strawberry better than raspberry so that’s what I made, but you could use any berries you like or whatever is in season.
These amounts serve 3-4 people or so.
- Thaw 2 cups of berries, saving the juice. (Or if you’re using fresh, just crush about half a cup extra so you can use those juices.)
- Whip up 2 cups of real cream, never buy ultra-pasteurized! I use my Bosch so it’s quick and hands-free.
- When the cream is almost stiff, whip in 1/2 cup of sugar and the berry juice.
- Fold in the berries, leaving streaks through the cream, and serve in a wine glass with extra berries for a fun look.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert in a Cloud
- Same as above to start: whip up 2 cups of real cream, never buy ultra-pasteurized! I use my Bosch so it’s quick and hands-free.
- When cream is almost stiff, whip in 1/4 cup organic peanut butter and 1/4 cup store bought or homemade chocolate syrup.
Have you tried my Homemade Citrus Kefir Soda?