Friday was our annual bible study potluck dinner and we laughed our butts off, as we usually do when we’re together. 🙂
Some pictures! (Or just scroll down for the cranberry cake with butter sauce recipe.)
Chris, Michelle, Nancy, Mike, Amy, Sue:
David, Gary, me, Dave, Kent, Amy:
Michael & Lyn couldn’t come this year. 🙁
Onto the FOOD!
Michelle made some delicious appetizers (and a brandy slush that I’m craving!) and Amy made a great salad, but being the rotten blogger that I am, I didn’t start taking pictures until David reminded me to during the main course. (Pretty sad, huh?)
Here’s a picture of David slicing the flank steak, which tasted SO good.
Along with the steak, the main course included some amazing twice-baked potatoes (I have to get that recipe from Nancy), and my broccoli casserole. We also had some delicious bread from Sue, but I ate that before I took this picture:
Cranberry Cake with Butter Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons pastured butter
- 1 cup palm sugar (or other natural sugar)
- 1/2 cup organic evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups flour (einkorn flour is my favorite these days, read why here: Could this be the answer to the gluten sensitivity epidemic?)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups raw cranberries (I wonder how dried cranberries would be?)
Hot Butter Sauce:
- 1/2 cup pastured butter
- 2 cups palm sugar (or other natural sugar)
- 1 cup organic evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Cream butter and sugar, stir in milk, water, flour, salt & soda. Mix well, fold in berries. Pour into a 9×13 buttered baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until cake is golden and springy on the top. Bring sauce ingredients to boil in saucepan and serve warm over the cake.
It’s such a pretty cake to make for Christmas, too, but the shot I got (above) didn’t show the cranberries very well.