We go to our friends’ cottage on Lake Michigan one weekend every year. They always throw a shindig when we're there, and their friend Kathy brought her super tasty Black Bean Mango Salsa. It’s got some unique ingredients that I think you’ll love. It is definitely a sweeter version of the more common black bean salsa, which is also one of my favorites because these type of dips are nutritious and delicious.
I’m so geeked at how well they turned out! (That’s their new boat in the background that they got for a steal last year.)
Kathy’s Black Bean Mango Salsa
- Fresh mango – about 4, chopped
- 2-3 medium jalapeño peppers, chopped small
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small can of crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup pineapple rum (optional, but this gives it good flavor)
- Sea salt to taste
Stir all the ingredients together and serve with some organic corn chips.
Doesn’t that sound good?
- How does Weight Watchers jive with Nourishing Traditions? One more on weight loss: should it cost money to lose weight?
- All about drinking plenty of water: is it good for you? Or is that a myth?
- Is Fluoridated water safe? What about the plastic water bottles?
- Breastfeeding joys & struggles – how was your experience?
- Have you seen my list with more appetizer and dip recipes?Meal Planning Help!Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.