Not long ago we were at a catered lunch and had some baked lemon chicken there that was amazing. The herbs mixed with the little twang of lemon makes this a unique mix of crazy delicious flavors in your mouth. So of course I had to track down the recipe. A friend of a friend led me to Wanda from Frankie V’s, the restaurant on the other side of town that catered the meal. She was sweet enough to let me share her recipe, which I’ve tweaked here and there, as I usually do when I’m in the kitchen. You’re going to love it!
Lemon Baked Chicken
- Place bone-in chicken pieces in a baggie or bowl with the juice from 2-3 lemons and 1 T. olive oil, depending on how many pieces of chicken. Just use enough juice to coat the chicken well, which will depend on how many you’re serving.
- Mix the following in your food processor and then put it into a separatebaggie or bowl:
- Toss the chicken, one piece at a time, in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated chicken pieces in a buttered baking dish. (Note: Before the baking step, Wanda throws it on the grill just to brown it a little, but I was lazy so I skipped this step and put it right into the oven.)
- Bake at 375* for 45 minutes.
- We served it with roasted beets drizzled with balsamic vinegar (which our kids wouldn’t touch, of course), along with some germinated rice and herbs made with homemade nourishing chicken broth.
While this wasn’t as good as Wanda’s, it was still pretty darn tasty, with a nice crispy coating on the outside. Let me know what you think!
Meal Planning Help!
Sick of planning meals and answering the question, “What am I going to feed these people?” No matter what kind of eater you are… Check out these affordable interactive easy-to-use meal plans where the work is done for you! Also read over my review to see what I thought of it.