We celebrated yesterday by having friends over for Reuben sandwiches with corned beef from the farm, cole slaw (my own dressing of course), and homemade French fries!
Here’s what I found for you today…
- Prepare to SCRATCH! This is a short video of when our daughter had lice, so you can see what they look like. I didn’t think we’d survive the ordeal, but we did, and without the dangerous chemicals! Click here to read how we got rid of lice naturally. And watch the icky video here:
- My friend and one of my favorite writers, Hallee the Homemaker, has a new cookbook out – she is SO CLEVER with all her titles and plots, whether it’s a cookbook or a Christian suspense novel. In this one, you’ll learn how and why to season your cast iron skillet correctly and THEN get a bunch of recipes for what to cook in it. Click here to check out Iron Skillet Man! Or you can find Hallee’s other books here.
- Last week was the one-year anniversary of Pope Francis’ papacy, and even if you’re not Catholic, you’ve got to love this video of the Dominican Sisters at the Ann Arbor, Michigan house who were in the middle of recording their first album when they heard the news that there was white smoke… Their reaction is really fun to watch. (Thanks Conversion Diary/Jennifer Fulwiler for sharing it! Don’t forget to pre-order Jen’s book, which is finally coming out soon!)
- Want an e-course that shares over 80 video and over 150 recipes for baking, cooking, condiments, staples, meals and more — all without using any grains or starches? It’s appropriate for SCD, GAPS, Paleo, and Primal eaters. The recipes are also dairy, soy, additive, and refined sugar-free. This is a powerful food plan that allows healing from many health conditions. Click here to learn more or sign up for the Go-Grain Free Online Class from Dr. Jill at Real Food Forager — 40% off with code SPRING2014.
- Almost farmers market time again!!! Want to know how to take advantage of all the in-season, local, beautiful fruits and vegetables available from your local farmers? Tired of picking up bottles of salad dressing with ingredients labels that read like chemistry texts? Saddened by how even so-called organic dressings still contain unhealthy refined oils like canola and soy? Click here to get Simply Salads e-book from Kristen at Food Renegade — 35% off with code SPRINGFUN.
- Tired of dealing with exhaustion, stress, poor digestion, cold feet and mood swings? Do you want to finally wake up rested instead of exhausted? Ready to end the cycle of restrictive diets? Do you want to find out how to exercise the smart way that boosts your metabolic health? Click here to get The Nourished Metabolism — 50% off with code MARCH50.
- Isn’t that whole missing jet story weird and sad? You guys have got to see this: Why the missing Malaysia Arilines flight is so hard to find.
- OK, this one is kind of dumb, but yet fun! Mine was “green stack of books” – Share yours in the comments (come on, it’ll be fun!) or here in the Facebook conversation.
- Here’s one I knew you’d love on parenting…
- You guys are really going to think I’m nuts when you read this one… Don’t tell anyone, okay? Once I was on my way up North alone, to my aunt and uncle’s house in Traverse City, and there was a loooooooong stretch of road and it was very dark and late and I’d had coffee, a lot of it, because I get sleepy when I drive. You probably know where this is going… Well I’ve never admitted it to anyone, except my sisters who thought I was NUTS: I went in a diaper that I found in the van — I HAD to do it, don’t judge me! Then the other day I found out about these little doohickys, which apparently are actually pretty popular. (I’m not so weird after all, people!) It seems to be split between the “Go Girl” and the “Shewee“, and a few others. And they’re not just for you gals who get yourself in a predicament like I tend to do. Whether you’re camping this summer, or can’t find a clean public bathroom, or maybe you’re like my friend who uses them when she’s traveling overseas in places without good restroom facilities, these things could be really handy. I’m just not sure if my brain would let me go standing up… Anyway, hopefully I’m not grossing anyone out with all this talk on a Monday morning, lol!
- Have you seen these? 10 Myths About Anxiety, and then read this: 20 Tips on How to Heal Anxiety Naturally, it’s a guest post from my friend, Jill.
- This next link and video is wild – it’s about people who can hold their breath for a looooooong time…
- I’ll see you here later this week for Real Food Wednesday! (Did you know that participating is a great way to get more traffic to your blog OR to learn more about Real Food and get some great new recipes, too?!)