Do you suffer from allergies? Normally I don't post on a topic without doing plenty of research on the issue first, but since I've never had to deal with allergies myself, it's something I haven't looked into much yet. So here are three things off the top of my head that I've heard about allergy relief, and then I'm asking you to add more by commenting below if there is something else that has worked for you.
photo by andryone
- Just recently my friend, David, told me that Shaklee's Alfalfa Complex completely took away his allergy symptoms. He's also talked to others who suffered for years and tried many different things that never worked until this. My distributor ships to you for $3, e-mail me if you want to order and I'll forward it to her.
- Andy first told me about this, and I've since done some reading on local raw honey and how eating a little each day can ease (or eliminate) your seasonal allergy symptoms. Apparently the bees get a little pollen from all the different flowers and then when you eat local honey, it's like getting an all-natural allergy shot – God is so smart! Keep in mind that as with anything, some swear by it, and others say it's useless because “most seasonal allergies are caused by tree and grass pollens, which honeybees do not collect”. I'm sure it all depends on what you're allergic to. Click to find some local honey, ask at your local health food store, or try the honey locator. ***How “local” should local honey be?
- Read more at this alternative grains post about gluten allergies.
- Lastly, if you have allergies then surely you've been told to try cutting all dairy from your diet. However, I've heard time and again how people have switched to raw dairy instead of pasteurized, and that has made all the difference. Do a Google search with the words “allergies raw milk” for more reading.
This is hardly a comprehensive look at allergies or remedies, so if something else has worked for you, please let us know.
- Feeling overwhelmed when trying to eat healthier? Scroll down through all the Rookie Tips and take it one step at a time!
- Wondering what supplements I suggest? You might be surprised…
- Water bottle safety/5 plastics safety tips
- Organic homemade oatmeal bars/granola recipe