Wonder what kind of day brought me to tears twice this week? It's not exactly health and nutrition related, but you still may enjoy a peek into the craziness around here. I'd like to say that it's just one day, that they're not all this crazy, but most days aren't far off from the one I share with you below. It's all good stuff, though, and I'm thankful. (Also, here's a day in the life at our homeschool in case you haven't seen it…)
After reading this, head over to check out a new post on my 101 blog: Every child deserves a chance to play baseball. You'll read about good friends of ours and the terrible hardships they've been through, as well as a beautiful story of an event we went to with them.
And here, my reader friends, is a look at one day in my not-very-exciting-but-wonderful life, and I'm sharing it so you'll understand why I haven't been able to get a new post up in the last couple of days, lest you think I'm slackin' off on you. 🙂
- 6:00 a.m. Up early to help pack and say good-bye. I'll tell you all about these happy AND sad tears in a post next week… (Sign up here to get KK blog updates so you don't miss anything.)
- 7:30 a.m. Woke the kids up for waffles and homemade sausage from the Maple Syrup Festival.
- 8:30 a.m. Took the boys to Camp Roger – their monthly outside science fun day. (Kierstyn wasn't going this time so she could come with me to the event I linked to above.)
- 9:30 a.m. Kent and Kal picked up some papers they needed to give me, so I waited for them in downtown Grand Rapids at a coffee shop, where I let Kiersty get an icky hot cocoa and I sipped my delicious coffee outside in the gorgeous sunshine watching the bustle of the city.
- 9:45 a.m. Got documents from Kal to scan in for a scholarship we hope he gets because it's for $3000! (If he gets it, he'll likely graduate next spring with ZERO school loans, and if so we'll be SO thankful to have pulled that off – a miracle from God for sure.)
- 10:00 a.m. Scanned in the documents, checked email for five minutes, made two phone calls, picked up house clutter, threw in the wash.
- 10:30 a.m. Got a call from Camp Roger, Kasey's seasonal allergies were bothering him. (I gave him some homeopathics that help a little, and he takes a daily teaspoon of local raw honey and of course cod liver oil, any other suggestions readers? My other kids never had allergies!)
- 11:00 a.m. Picked up the boys from Camp Roger. They dug into their uneaten packed lunches on the way home.
- 11:25 a.m. Home to regroup, check email, and head back out the door.
- 11:45 a.m. Left for the really cool, but emotional event mentioned above, and the second time I cried in one day!
- 1:00 p.m. Ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant with our friends.
- 2:15 p.m. Picked up Kasey's friend to come over and play.
- 2:30 p.m. Helped Kade with the new math program. Moved the laundry, talked to some friends who stopped by, worked on social media stuff, answered emails.
- 4:30 p.m. Stared in amazement at the clock and wondered again how time can be sucked away so quickly when dealing with email and how much I still didn't get to!
- 4:45 p.m. Got kids a snack. Told Kasey to get ready for soccer practice, made sure Kiersty was ready for tennis practice, told Kade to watch for Kiersty's ride.
- 5:15 p.m. Said good-bye to Kasey's friend, took him to soccer and while there worked on writing in graduation cards, wedding cards, and thank you cards that all have to go out soon. Looked at my calendar and wondered how I'm going to get everything else done that day…
- 6:45 p.m. Home from practice. Wrote checks and finished cards. Dealt with kids' unending requests for this or that. Picked up more clutter.
- 7:45 p.m. Took Kade to a nearby remote control airfield that he's been asking to go to for a couple of weeks.
- 9:30 p.m. Got home, warmed up leftover Yakisoba and cut up some watermelon for the kids. Hugged and sent kids to bed. Made a phone call.
- 10:00 p.m. Send kids to bed, again. Wondered how I'm going to get tomorrow's post done when feeling so tired…
- 10:15 p.m. Decided to work on the post the next day, cleaned up the kitchen.
- 10:30 p.m. Crawled into bed to work on my phone for a while, answered a few more emails, moved all the unfinished stuff to the next day, and thanked God for all the blessings.
- 11:30 p.m. Fell asleep in 10 seconds flat.
I'll bet many of you have similar days, right?
And if not, you probably can remember the days when you did, and I know…you want me to enjoy it because it goes so fast. Don't worry, I am, and I'm trying to be very careful about choosing wisely how I spend my time. Which brings us full circle, back to why I haven't posted since Wednesday!