Dave Ramsey’s Money Principle #1:
- Implement the Debt Snowball – Attack one debt at a time, the smallest first. When that’s done, attack the next smallest debt. Soon you’ll have gained the momentum you need to keep it going.
Kitchen Kop’s Real Food Principle #1:
- Implement the Good Health Snowball – Start with one thing at a time so you’re not overwhelmed. (You could go through these Rookie Tips.) Change that one thing in your kitchen or in your diet, and when you’ve got that down, move to the next goal. Soon you’ll have gained the momentum needed to keep you motivated for each next step! (My Rookie class could help with this, too!)
Dave Ramsey’s Money Principle #2:
- “Live like no one else so later you can live like no one else.” Drive beaters without payments, don’t spend money you don’t have, live within your means, save your money. Then later when you’ve built up wealth, you can live like no one else. You won’t be too buried in debt to have peace in your life.
Kitchen Kop’s Real Food Principle #2:
- “Live like no one else so later you can live like no one else.” Don’t load up on sugar any old time you feel like it. (A good reminder for myself, too.) Cook most of your food at home. Don’t eat out for convenience sake. Don’t keep processed foods around. Then later when you’re in your 50’s or 60’s and haven’t been to the doctor in years, or you’re in your 70’s, 80’s and 90’s and still on the floor wrestling with your grand kids or out walking each morning pain-free, you’ll be living like no one else.
Dave Ramsey’s Money Principle #3:
- Don’t be “normal”. Many may mock you for being “weird”, but remember that “normal” is broke and in debt.
Kitchen Kop’s Real Food Principle #3:
- Don’t be “normal”. Many may mock you for being “weird”, but remember that “normal” is sick and tired.
Dave Ramsey’s Money Principle #4:
- Don’t take advice from broke people.
Kitchen Kop’s Real Food Principle #4:
- Don’t take advice from those whose advice has kept us sick.
Dave Ramsey’s Money Principle #5:
- “The Borrower is slave to the lender.” (From the book of Proverbs.) Debt does not create peace in your life.
Kitchen Kop’s Real Food Principle #5:
- “The Truth will set you free.” (From the book of John.) Nutritional advice that makes common sense can free us from health issues that may have weighed on us for years or that could be right around the corner. Good health can set you free to enjoy the life you’ve been given.
Can you think of more Dave Ramsey sayings that could apply to Real Food? Now just in case you’re thinking, “There are no guarantees that eating better will keep us in good health.” You’re right, but read the Eight excuses for not eating Real Food for more about that.
If common sense money advice is interesting to you, be sure to watch the VIDEOS BELOW.
An extra blurb on giving:
As my regular readers know, I’m all about common sense, which is why I like to listen to Dave Ramsey. I also love how he teaches people to give, something Kent & I feel strongly about and feel very blessed to have learned the value of years ago. If you don’t mind shedding a tear or two, check out a video I posted at my other blog that I came across when researching for this post: An Amazing Video About Giving. I was going to say that I wish we could write those kind of checks or help someone in huge ways like that…but then I realized that if someone is really struggling, $100 or even $10 or $20 can seem like that much to them.
We can all help others in some way.
And you know what? You’ll never be the same. Because that’s why we’re here.
- Eight excuses for not eating Real Food – I wonder if you’ve heard any of these?
- I’m really not a food snob – see what you think about a recent commenter on this older post, I didn’t much like his tone… (or her?)
- Dave Ramsey stuff – More great resources to help you if you’re in debt or just want to learn more money managing skills.
In this first video, Dave talks kind of fast but he gives a good overview of his basic money advice:
In this next video, Dave Ramsey does an interesting interview right here in Grand Rapids last year – he talks about the economy and tells people to chill out, it’s NOT as bad as the media makes it out to be.