Wow. 2010 has had some “career” and blogging ups and downs, that’s for sure…
The “downs” weren’t really anything more than me taking on too much with the Real Food for Rookies class, and learning not to try such a thing again unless all the other areas in my life are more under control: If the kids are older and I have a housekeeper and a personal assistant, stuff like that. (Yeah, right!) I wrote, videotaped, audio recorded and totally developed the entire Real Food for Rookies class, and it was not easy for a few reasons…
As most of you know, I am NOT technically inclined so the learning curve for many pieces and parts of this project was steep and time consuming. Also, because it is not only a cooking class, but also a condensed course to teach the big picture (what, why, how) on Real Foods in only 12 sessions, there was a LOT of ground to cover, and I had to do it in a way that wouldn’t overwhelm the rookies. This took many more hours than I ever imagined, and it doesn’t help that I’m a touch anal about wanting everything just right and not forgetting anything…
I’m proud of what I accomplished, beyond geeked that it’s finally completely up, and thrilled that it has already helped many people, but I don’t want to put my family through that again!
What a fun year otherwise!
- I met many new online friends, including you. 🙂
- I hit the 1000th post milestone.
- There were well over a million page views here at the blog.
- I started posting at my Christianity 101 blog now and then.
- I was a panel speaker at the Weston A. Price Wise Traditions conference in Philadelphia last month with my other blogging friends, which was so exciting and fun to be a part of!
- That leads to my blogging goals for 2011. I’d like to be a little more consistent with my Tweets and Facebook updates, but when I get busy at home, that’s one area I tend to let go, so it will likely go in streaks like it does now. I will be trying to get better at putting boundaries around my computer time so that I'm able to meet my other personal 2011 goals like exercising and getting more regular sleep. 🙂
Thank you all for being here and reading in 2010 and I hope you’ll hang with me in 2011. I’m looking forward to kicking off the year with the Weight Loss and Wellness Adventure. If you’re ready to join with many other Real Foodie friends in meeting your 2011 health goals, be sure to learn more at that post and sign up so you are up-to-date on all the upcoming giveaways!