Need some more good reasons to start meal planning? (Or start again like me?)
You wouldn’t believe how forgetful I am at times. At least half of the times that I grocery shop, within minutes of being home I think of something that I should’ve had on the list. Does anyone else do this?
So what do I do when I’m missing that one ingredient again?
I call my neighbors! Megan, Susan or Jeanne are the closest and they’ll either have what I need, or will be going to the store soon. If not them, I could list at least 10 other neighbors I could call and they wouldn’t think anything of it. We’re very blessed to live in a neighborhood with so many who have become close friends and who don’t mind helping each other out. OR if I would just get back to my meal planning, I wouldn’t have this problem in the first place. Will you help? I’m a detail girl, and this is specifically how I could use your help – I’d like to know how exactly do you do your meal planning…
- Do you write your meal plans in your iPhone? Your day planner? On a sheet by the fridge?
- Do you plan for one week? Two? Longer?
- Do you make out your grocery list at the same time you meal plan?
- Do you plan exactly what you’ll have for each breakfast, lunch and dinner? Do you generally stick to those plans?
- Or do you do what I used to? I always kept stuff for breakfasts and lunches on hand, and for dinners, I just made one list with many different meals to choose from on any given night, and made sure I had what I needed for those.
- Any suggestions to make this easier? (Specifically, how to cut down on the time it takes to menu plan?)
I can’t wait to hear from you, then I’m going to try to get back into this habit. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
- Kitchen Tips
- Have you heard of germinated brown rice? It’s so good and even better for you than regular brown rice!
- Kids’ school lunches – food additives and learning/behavior problems