Is anyone out there not constantly crunched for time? Today I decided to give you a glimpse of dinner at our house. While we don't often have much junk around here (some, but not a lot), we for sure don't have many fancy dinners, rarely is anything beautifully presented, and certainly not beautifully photographed.
But food doesn't have to be any of those things as long as it's nourishing.
So in this post we're gettin' real.
By the way, Kent's not in the video because he wasn't real keen on me videotaping him right as he walked in the door after work. Our 20 year old, Kal, for SURE wasn't about to let me put him on camera. So you'll just see myself and our other 3 kids. Our youngest, Kasey, is 7 and quite the ham, but if the middle two, Kaden and Kierstyn, find out there was even that small bit of them showing up, I'll likely be in hot water. Our secret, OK? (Yes, our names all start with K, I don't think I've ever told you guys that before have I?)
Be sure to stick around after the video so I can share links with you to some of the stuff I talked about…
- As mentioned, we had brats from the farm. Find pastured meats here. (Also here's where you can find beef tallow for homemade French fries and onion rings to go with them!!)
- I always buy organic peppers as they are generally highly sprayed with pesticides. I also usually buy organic corn, to avoid GMOs. (I'll pass on my family being part of a big GMO science experiment, thank you very much.)
- Here's my favorite Stainless Steel Electric Pan that I mentioned – I use this for everything and a bonus is how easy it is to clean. (We needed the 16″ for our family, but a 12″ is also available for less money.)
- Dinner is always served with raw milk, of course. 🙂
- You can get grassfed ghee here.
- We generally eat germinated rice for more nutrition. Here's my Spanish rice recipe. (Always made with nourishing bone broth. Here's how to make bone broth)
- More ideas for FAST FOOD MEALS.